Walls up, no water, storm incoming

May 11, 2018
Dayton TN
I'm in the process of installing my 21ft Lomant Verona pool. Looks like we are going to be getting some weather tomorrow night.

Do I need to push hard to get the liner in and some water in the pool to keep it from collapsing in the wind from a thunderstorm?

I'm hoping that once I have the upright supports on it that it'll weather the storm okay but seem to remember something about above ground pools NEEDING the pressure from the water to keep them upright during a storm.

Rushed the liner install a bit today because of the incoming storms and I desperately wanted to get at least SOME water in the pool to give it some stability.

Have right at 13 inches of water in the pool at this point and 2-3 sections of my wall are buckling. Photos are at the link below.

Any advice on what may be going wrong? From the quick research I've done it appears that the best thing that I can do may be wait till we get some sun and see if the liner stretches out some alleviating the pressure.

Pool buckling - Google Drive

Any thoughts/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

You should be fine. Keep filling through the storm. The more water you can get in the pool, the better. The water weight will push the buckling out of the walls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.