Wall suction cover and base fell off. Any way to secure to plaster?

Rocco

Dec 23, 2012
Manassas Park, VA
Working on a pool for a relative and they have a wall suction cover that screws into a base however the base appeared to be secured to the smooth plaster via 2 sided tape or something similar.

The screws that secured the cover to the base were too long so when I went to put it back on after opening the pool (it was removed to insert a plug) the base popped off.

Would a standard underwater adhesive work on smooth plaster? I currently have Loctite 2 part Marine Epoxy.

Here is an example of the cover and base that fell off. LINK

I would like to get this installed as soon as possible since their kids have begun using the pool for short periods of time (water is still in the 60's).

Those are made to be screwed into a drain in the floor or wall. I would like to see pics of the area it needs to be attached to.

I do not know what glue will stick well to plaster.

ajw22,

Thank you for the response. I went ahead and used the Loctite glue and put the piece back on. It was a snug fit just fitting it back in place so it is possible it was never secured in the first place. I will monitor it through the summer to see if it loosens or comes off again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.