Waiting on my test kit...what now?

I added more bleach and upon adding 1 scoop of powder as instructed (it turned bright pink immediately) , I got FC 11. Tested again with 2 scoops of powder and FC was 14. I thought it was supposed be the same. You said to stop at 1 scoop if it turned pink??

CC still at 3. So I have ammonia? What now?

When you tested and got 7 FC was that first test since yesterday? If so then no ammonia.
The sign of ammonia is when you bump to 10 FC, measure 10 minutes later and FC still barely registers. So you bump to 10 again and continue process until you get it to hold.

Yes but we added 2 gallons of 12.5% this morning (miscommunication). I just tested again an hour again and FC was holding around 10 so I guess it isn't ammonia. so I added a little more CYA to get it to 30 and added more bleach. Tomorrow I will have more time to test it and SLAM properly

Do not worry if you still are getting CC. That is a sign that your FC is working on the algae. Jbizzle was concerned because he saw 0 FC, 4 CC, and 0 CYA on the same test. Those together could be a concern for ammonia. Especially after you had thrown in some dry shock which has CYA.

Btw, welcome to TFP! Sounds like you have a good handle on things. Pump on 24/7. Assume CYA is 30. I would just wait a few days and test it again to confirm. No reason to keep testing it - save the reagent. If I was in your shoes, I would not in even bother testing for CC every test. The key is keeping the FC above 12 as often as you can.

Once you are in a SLAM there is no need to measure CC. Save the reagents. When you are at the final stage of the SLAM, then test CC to be sure you pass the three criteria for a successful SLAM.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.