Waiting on electrician

I always run the pump for 24 hours after adding CYA just to make sure it is all dissolved. I'm not sure it is a must do, but I do believe it is a common TCP practice. It may take 2-3 days before you get a stable CYA reading when testing.

In terms of whether to have it at 30 or 40, it will take some experimentation and depends on the water temps and sun exposure of your pool. I have found that 40 does seem to reduce chlorine loss from UV about 1 ppm per day more than does 30. Oddly, It didn't seem to help much at all going from 40 to 50.

Last edited:
For a temp pump, I would throw a sump pump in one end of the pool with the return hose going to the other end of the pool. All it needs to do is circulate.

Then get chem levels balanced and skim out debris manually until everything is running.

That way, you get bonus points from the kiddos!!!

Andrew

Thank you! Are we okay to use it even if ph/ta isn’t quite right yet? As long as cya and chlorine are good? It’s been a long weekend digging holes around it and looking at it! I didn’t want anyone in it until I could get cya/chlorine in it

How many kids fill a splash pool with a garden hose and then jump in? No checking chem levels.

Having said that, if one of your values is waaaaay out, I'd be cautious. FC level at 100 would cause issues for example!

Andrew

Reactions: markayash
Keep the FC in the target zone for your CYA dose at night and check in the morning and again after heavy use. Your pool is safe with a FC up to SLAM level for your pool so no worries going a ppm or two higher than target to make sure your water can handle all the fun going on.

Lower pH when it gets to 8.0 down to mid 7s.

Have fun. MARCO............POLO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.