Wait for PB or open ourselves?

2thdoc1

Sep 14, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
Hello! We had our fiberglass pool installed last August. As part of the package, our PB closed the pool last fall and said he would open again this year at no cost. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get ahold of him over the last few days to get something scheduled. We’re in Michigan and had freezing temps and snow this week, but the high is supposed to be 87 next Tuesday! No clue what current pool water temp is, but I’d certainly like to open sooner than later.
Opening doesn’t seem too complex, but I was unable to be there when the pool was closed, so I’m unsure what was done/used (antifreeze, etc).
Should I just wait and hope the PB can come out and open in the next couple weeks or should we just open ourselves? At the very least, would it be good to get the winter (mesh safety) cover off prior to the hot weather? Thanks in advance for the input!

You need to go through the learning process sooner or later. No better way to learn about your new pool then open it.

Post pics of what you find if you need help.

You need to find where they put the drain plugs . Look and see if stuff is in the pump basket,

You have Pool Lube to put on O rings? - Pool Lube - Further Reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.