May 26, 2023
Destin, FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Quick rundown, I had a 10 year old Ecostar 2.65? HP motor that went out. I chose to replace with a W3SP3202VSP TriStar 1.85HP. My pool is 10K gallon SWC, with no spa, and a pump for cleaner robot on Aux 1. I’m running Main Software Revision 4.40 and Display Software Revision 3.13.

I’ve tried following the instructions by removing the existing 4-pin bus to the pump controller and utilizing the separate provided bus bar to put wires 2-A(black) and 3-B(yellow) and then to the corresponding spots on the AquaPlus controller (2->Black, 3->Yellow). I’ve then put the Dip Switches to all off. At this point I get nothing, no priming, no action initiated from the AquaPlus panel. The panel on the pump doesn’t power up, but I’ve read that’s how it’s supposed to act when you’ve rewired for remote control as I’ve described. I’ve also attempted the COM port for the third wire and plugged into the a lot 4 on the AquaPlus controller, still nothing.

Worried the pump was a dud, I hooked it back up to the way it came out out of box, using the panel on the pump and putting the Dip Switch #1 to ON (came that way), it powers up, primes and runs perfect. So I put the connection back to the AquaPlus using the separate bus bar with that Dip Switch setting ON and OFF and still nothing.

Any ideas on what I’m missing here? On the controller the settings are the same as they were for the EcoStar, VSP mode set, everything.

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    752.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    814.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    728.1 KB · Views: 11
That’s very interesting. Thank you for sharing that. I hope this is the fix. Interesting though, when you remove the standard bus bar connection, and put in the secondary one with the 2 connections, you lose power to native pump panel. Am I missing something here in regards to that? I could have the native connections, make the change, power down, connect my connection back up and hope it takes, but I’m worried I should be able to access the panel even after I’ve removed the native 4 wire plug.

So as it may seem, I’m dead in the water. In the meantime while I hope for someone who has experienced this, I am able to run the pump in stand alone mode straight from the pump configuration panel (not AquaPlus). Is there a way to have the chlorinator run as intended, without the VSP being wired into the AquaLogic? I’m able to start “super” chlorinating, but I just don’t know if I’m truly activating the chlorinator if it’s not being controlled by the AquaLogic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.