Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Hi,
I have a new Hayward SP2303 MaxFlo VS on my pool, with an old PB4-60 booster for our Polaris 3900. Eventually we'll get a robot, but not this season at least...

How much does the speed my VSP is set on affect the pressure sent to the Polaris via the booster pump? Will the booster make up for the "slow and steady" output of the VSP, or do I need to bump up the RPM during the times the sweep is running?

I have my polaris booster programmed to run when my VSP is running at a higher speed. This is to allow the skimmer to catch the debris that collects along the hose when it is off (i.e. leaves and such get blocked by the hose) as the skimmer doesn't skim well when running the VSP at low speed. I don't think there's a RPM requirement for the main pump when the booster pump is running. The main thing is that the main pump should be running since the booster doesn't self prime.

Reactions: jeffr47
Thanks, I've noticed that too. The water stays clear at a lower RPM, but surface debris don't get pulled into the pump very effectively. I'll use the timer to have some periods of higher RPM to pull off the pollen, leaves, and so on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.