VSF pump losing communication with intellicenter motherboard

Somertime527

In The Industry
Mar 28, 2020
Millville, NJ
Have all wiring correct.. Have yellow and green communication wired to J5 Comm port Schedule is set to run on 3 schedules. Morning, day time and night time with no overlapping
I have n problem turning pump on with intellicenter touch screen.. Come to check on automation the following day and have an alert that VSF pump lost communication but I can still turn it right back on please help

S,

Welcome to TFP! Pentair makes great automation equipment. Please do add the details in your signature that Marty requested. Here's how. While you do that I'll ping one of our automation experts @Jimrahbe I'm sure he'll be able to help you solve.

Chris

My guess is that you have the 240 VAC, that powers the IntelliFlo, wired through the Pump/Filter relay. As soon as the relay shuts off, the power goes away and you then get the communication error..

The IntelliFlo and IntelliCenter should have constant AC power..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Does the pump get continuous power?

It should be powered directly from the breaker.

If it's powered from the load side of the relay, it can lose power and lose communication with the automation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.