Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My kids have kept me in the pool almost every day the past 2 or so months. It's been fun, but I can feel it taking a toll on my body in multiple ways. I've been going under the water a lot more and I typically do not wear goggles. Just never grew up with them. I like to open my eyes under water but here lately, after I get out of the pool, my vision is a bit milky/foggy. At night, bright objects have a glow / halo around them. Into the next morning, my vision seems out of focus/blurry.

My googling has told me that this is most likely a chemical burn in my eyes due to the chlorine. I might have had the misunderstanding that as long as I keep my FC levels in check that it shouldn't hurt my eyes. But I guess I just have been opening my eyes underwater too much.

I'm sure my eyes will heal over time, but I just want to make sure I don't have any chemical issues. my pH typically never goes below 7.5 after I add MA. My PoolMath logs are available and up to date if needed.

For folks that have had this same issue, did you end up just wearing goggles every time you go swimming? Or was there some adjustment to pool chemicals you made to lessen/eliminate the issue?

It might be worthwhile to ask an ophthalmologist.

After all, you only get one set of eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.