Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Need to replace our liner in a 16 x 32 SWG retangular inground pool. Can only find ONE company that services our area. Latest estimate is $7,300 excluding replacing one skimmer (cracked and repaired) - $1,500 each to replace the skimmers. Pool was built in 2008 so seems logical to replace both skimmers at this point. Company said liner just increased another $800 since we were there in December. They are reputable and have mostly positive reviews but when I asked for copy of contract to review - they advised the "estimate" is the contract and their labor is warranted for only for 90 days. I asked if the liner slips or some other issue after that time, would they cover it? Said they'd charge for a service call. Scheduled to come out next week to measure and require 50% deposit. I'm feeling extremely leary about the lack of warranty on their labor.

I've attached the estimate - hope it's readable without the company name!

Feedback please?

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2863(1).jpg
    IMG_2863(1).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 24
Great idea - thanks I’ll give it a try!

Excellent news! I was able to find a company out of Canton GA that services my area. They'll be up next week to measure and we will choose the liner. Very fair price and excellent reviews - they reline over 200 pools per year! And they offer a ONE YEAR warranty on their labor. And I told them about TFP :)

Last edited:
What did your final cost/estimate end up being?
Here’s the text string with the info! Just to clarify- we lost most of the water in the pool last fall from a leak in the light. Since it does not get dark here till after 10 pm, in summer, we decided to permanently block off the light. This company offers a one year warranty on its labor. Excellent reputation so hoping for a successful install. We discussed the leak in the skimmer that was fixed using JB Weld. Company did NOT recommend replacing the skimmer. Logic was becuz of area we live, the possibility of replacing the skimmer would not stop a hard freeze from creating another leak. At a cost of approximately $2k to replace both with all the concrete work - it is too risky so why waste the money.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 13
Also, we are out another 2weeks or more for install. Until we have nighttime lows in the 60’s, company won’t install. Says with cold water and cold temps - liner could separate from the track so we’re in a holding position. Also having water brought in to the tune of $2,000. On a private well so decided this is the best option for us.

We just got 3 quotes to replace our 18x36 liner all right over $7000 for what that’s worth. One company was willing to let me order my own and charge a lesser install rate, our liner is $4200 and they are charging us $1500 to install. They confirmed that in our area the typical rate is twice what the liner costs. We have a friend in common that is the only reason why he was willing to work with us, he came and measured our pool yesterday. I also had the liner schematic from last install so it was basically checking measurements. Good luck

Ouch! The only positive thing for us is that (fingers crossed) it will be our last replacement at our age. The original was well past its life span so hopefully this will also! We bought our house in 2015 the original builders of the pool and they are our next door neighbors! They chunked a few acres off and built next door to us! So now (these very smart people) 🤣🤣🤣 and our neighborhood Happy Hour group continue to enjoy the pool while we maintain it! Actually we’re more than happy to do so but it’s the subject of a lot of jokes! Best of luck - hope yours goes well!

Reactions: Newdude
Liners will last longer with proper chemical maintenance. Particularly avoiding low pH water, which can make the liner brittle. One person had a 20 year old liner still!
I can attest to this! We just had our liner replaced this year. It was 17 years old. The installer was completely shocked and said we must have really taken good care of our water because there was still decent color left on the liner and no major concerns when removing it. They had just replaced our exact same liner a week earlier for another client and theirs was bleached totally white. It was only 7 years old. After our install he asked if I wanted to buy their phosphate something or other to protect the new liner. 🤣 Uhhh why? So I have to replace it in 7 years? Lmao I just smiled and said no thanks.

Price-wise all the quotes we received were over $7,000. There was no way to save and no bargaining. We could not get our own liner and find a company to install it, we had to buy through them. It’s like they are all in silent cahoots with each other.

We didn’t even get the liner I wanted to get because the company we chose to work with only used one liner company and they didn’t have anything I loved. But in the end quality service with kind hearts will win out with me. The poor customer service and utter rudeness by the staff of other companies that did have liners I loved pushed me away.

• Love
Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well done you!!
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Reactions: Sunny Blues
Liners will last longer with proper chemical maintenance. Particularly avoiding low pH water, which can make the liner brittle. One person had a 20 year old liner still!
We just opened our pool today. This starts it’s 17th summer and it still looks good.

Here’s some pics! Liner replaced yesterday. Troweled to get it all level and then installed. Today water company starting the fill!

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpeg
    IMG_2974.jpeg
    768.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2972.jpeg
    IMG_2972.jpeg
    744.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2975.jpeg
    IMG_2975.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I can attest to this! We just had our liner replaced this year. It was 17 years old. The installer was completely shocked and said we must have really taken good care of our water because there was still decent color left on the liner and no major concerns when removing it. They had just replaced our exact same liner a week earlier for another client and theirs was bleached totally white. It was only 7 years old. After our install he asked if I wanted to buy their phosphate something or other to protect the new liner. 🤣 Uhhh why? So I have to replace it in 7 years? Lmao I just smiled and said no thanks.

Price-wise all the quotes we received were over $7,000. There was no way to save and no bargaining. We could not get our own liner and find a company to install it, we had to buy through them. It’s like they are all in silent cahoots with each other.

We didn’t even get the liner I wanted to get because the company we chose to work with only used one liner company and they didn’t have anything I loved. But in the end quality service with kind hearts will win out with me. The poor customer service and utter rudeness by the staff of other companies that did have liners I loved pushed me away.

Astounded by some company’s attitudes. We couldn’t be happier than our choice - a devil of a time to find them but beyond pleased. I didn’t consider buying liner myself since I was concerned that the company wouldn’t guarantee if not a “licensed” installer. Ran into that with our Sand Dollar filter and took a Crud shoot that hubby could install without doubling the cost. Enjoy the summer- hopefully tomorrow they’ve remove the vacuums and finish the fill! Happy swimming!