Vinyl pool concrete coping price = ?

Mar 24, 2017
Uniontown
Hey guys - we are looking to get concrete coping for our 18x44 pool - it is just plain concrete no pattern or anything... total length around the pool is about 130 ft. The concrete contractor estimates $2500 for just the coping. That is $19-20/ft coping - is this decent price?

He says price includes two cartons of "clip loc" coping forms from Stegmeier @ $400 each

Anyone have numbers for us to compare? We live in Ohio

Also we have no idea what shape to pick - they all seem nice - I wonder if there is any pros/cons for any of the shapes?
clip-loc-Insert-liner-track-dia.jpg

As usual thanks for any help! Have a good one

The best thing for you to do is get quotes from others in your areas. Every area is so different there is really no way for any of us to really tell you if that is a good price or not.

As for the shape.....yeah that would be hard to pick. They all look great! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. Problem is we are kinda limited to using this guy. I just hope to get idea if is a fair price. I may try to negotiate just a little if his price seems high. I want to get a fair deal. I know it is somewhat dependent on location - - so hopefully a few people can post what they paid just so I have a few ideas

Fire lets make it a little easier for them to know where you are.............where is Uniontown? Please add that info to your location under your name.

Good luck getting him to come down in price if he is the only game in town.

Kim:kim:

Hey Kim,

We are in NE Ohio. They aren't the only gig in town but we are so close to start date it would be hard to change. Originally we were going with aluminum coping but later decided we like concrete look better

It's never too late to change your mind. I've seen PB's once they lock you into a contract start upping the prices on things you didn't add in the beginning. Tell them you'll get other estimates and go with whoever gives you the best product at the best price. If all else fells, hold on starting the pool until you're comfortable with what you're getting at a price you feel is fair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.