Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hi I’m replacing my pool decking and coping and was wondering if the aluminum liner track should be connected to the bonding grid? If so, it’s about 20 separate pieces technically so should each piece have a bonding lug attached to it? I should add it’s concrete walls as well so maybe the bond just needs to be connected to the wall in 4 places and the track isn’t necessary? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Not an electrician. I don't even play one on TV.

But mine (polymer walls, aluminum coping, auto-cover and vinyl-over steel stairs) passed inspection with just tying the four corners. My under-coping auto-cover track guarantees continuity as well. Good luck!

Hi I’m replacing my pool decking and coping and was wondering if the aluminum liner track should be connected to the bonding grid? If so, it’s about 20 separate pieces technically so should each piece have a bonding lug attached to it? I should add it’s concrete walls as well so maybe the bond just needs to be connected to the wall in 4 places and the track isn’t necessary? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Hi. Just found this post and was wondering if you found an answer for this? I have a steel wall pool with aluminum liner track and I am looking for a solution to bond the liner track.

All you really need in terms of bonding a vinyl pool is bonding all your pool ladder cups, and any handrails for steps. You can also add a skimmer bonding, so you always have a bond if you remove the ladder. The point is to make the pool at the same potential as the deck, so when you step out of the pool, you won't encounter a potentially shocking voltage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.