IASteve

Aug 27, 2017
Central Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Any way to repair this? It’s happening in this corner and to much lesser degree in one more.
I can kinda stretch it back into place but it won’t hold. I’ve tried a liner lock product, but it is too thin to get a good lock in the channel.

Attachments

• AF36297F-8398-4F5B-865A-AFB918FA7E25.jpeg
    AF36297F-8398-4F5B-865A-AFB918FA7E25.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 48
That's going to be a tuff on the fingers fix. Hopefully the liner is "newish" and somewhat soft. Feel on the back of the liner and you will feel a hook in the hard upper part. That needs to be Lifted Above the "hook" in the coping, pushed back and dropped, on the way out the two hooks will lock together. Now you can add liner lock. It is going to be a good lift so be careful not to poke your fingers through the liner. When hot to the touch from the sun or hot water it will be easier. I can see wrinkles in the image so you may be able to pull that tight and give you more to work with.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
I’ve tried a liner lock product, but it is too thin to get a good lock in the channel.
You either didn’t push it far enough in (block of 2X4 and a rubber mallet work awesome), or you need to double it up if the gap it too big. (y)

Thanks for the responses. I got some boiling water and was able to get the liner back in the track, but it won't hold. The liner is too tight and it just pulls out the corner. Are there different tracks and liner lock geometry - any possibility that they aren't compatible? I don't know who did the installation, but there are a lot of wrinkles. I don't think it was done properly, but its on at least year 6.

Here is the liner lock that won't lock - it is too thin and short to get a good bite. Any recommendations for a different style?
Amazon.com: Swimline Roll Pool Bead Lock White, 120': Toys & Games

Thanks for all the help.

Is this how it's suppposed to lock in the channel? If so, I don't think I'm getting it inverted in the channel. His picture says it's for a above ground though.
beaded-above-ground-pool-liner.png

Your set up in not like that image. Bend over and look into the coping, you'll see the lip you have to go UP and over, all the way and across the full width, all at the same time. The greater the Down pressure after this is what will hold the liner in place. All the "liner lock" does when added is fill the void across the top of the liner so if any slack occurs the liner has no place to lift. Back in the day we used miles of 4 pair telephone wire to tap in on top of the liner. IF the liner is not installed up / back / in / and down, it WILL pull out no matter what you use for a liner lock.
Your coping liner opening may be to big or tipped down for some reason. If so take a flat blade screwdriver and under the coping where it attaches to the wall, pry it up. You just need enough of an opening to get the liner up and over and back past the lip.

Thanks for the responses. I got some boiling water and was able to get the liner back in the track, but it won't hold. The liner is too tight and it just pulls out the corner. Are there different tracks and liner lock geometry - any possibility that they aren't compatible? I don't know who did the installation, but there are a lot of wrinkles. I don't think it was done properly, but its on at least year 6.

Here is the liner lock that won't lock - it is too thin and short to get a good bite. Any recommendations for a different style?
Amazon.com: Swimline Roll Pool Bead Lock White, 120': Toys & Games

Thanks for all the help.
In a pinch you can use a nickle or a quarter to wedge in there to hold in place while you are finding a more permanent solution. I like @jimmythegreek suggestion of plastic toilet shims. Those can be cut/trimmed to fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.