VGreen vs 2.7 HP and flashing red power.

jsygrls

Gold Supporter
Dec 13, 2021
Port Orange, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So a 500 year rain event in the last 24 hours here (Port Orange FL.). Sixteen plus inches fell on my 2.7 Vgreen motor and the power button flashed on and off a couple of times before I turned the A C breaker off, I also don't remember see anything on the display at the time.
Has Anyone encounter a water soaked VGreen VS and dry it out with any success? If so how should I proceed? We still have wind and but much lighter showers for the remainder of the day and should be able to work on this pump tomorrow. The AC power has remained off since the initial startup attempt.

Watching the news of what is happening in your area is heart breaking.

While the actual control panel on the V-Green 2.7 seems to be unavailable as the motor is discontinued, the wireless VL-100 control for that motor is still listed as in stock at some places online and replaces it. Unfortunately, if water infiltrated the large box atop the motor, it is most likely ruined.

That being said, I've seen motors that were completely submerged for days come back to life after a complete drying out, even one Pentair VSP. Wouldn't have believed it possible, but its a pool; anything is possible.

1poolman1 So glad you had chance to view my post and respond . I'll will take off the access covers and blow them out tomorrow and see if i can clean up any contact connections. We have water damage to one room and carpet in the house so lots to do.​

thanks, Pete​

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.