Very Old Style Pool Light Possible Conversion

Mtneer1215

Jun 22, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
My wife and I just bought a new house 3 weeks ago. The house was built in 1984 and I assume the pool light might be from the same era. Its a Pentair series 78352X, 78353X - 12 volt, and uses two 2-pronged light bulbs. I've switched the old halogen bulbs with LED ones, but it is still not bright enough to light the whole pool.

My question is this - is it possible to convert this into an A20 light bulb fixture? I want the pool to be plenty bright (I'd like one of those LED remote controlled ones), so could I also tinker with the transformer so that I have 120V running to the light?

I'm comfortable doing upgrades like this myself, anything I can do to save the hundreds and hundreds of dollars it would cost for a new install.

Thank you all for your help and support!IMG-8203.jpgIMG-8204.jpgIMG-8202.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
One option would be to replace the entire light system (cord, light assembly, etc) with a LED system. Florida Sunseeker has some systems that should work. Check them out. Call them if you have any questions.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.