Very blue, CLOUDY water - WILL NOT CLEAR UP PLEASE HELP ME

Okay, after adding 5 gallons of bleach yesterday, the chlorine levels this morning were maxed out on my strip, which goes up to 10. Is it safe to assume that it's at the shock level? I added another gallon just now and plan to do that every day until CYA rises and pool clears.

I also went and brushed the walls the best I could.

I am seeing a ton of white stuff floating on top... I assume this is dead algae which is a good thing?

Not to take anything away from what you have done, but you really haven't started until you get test kit. Right now your goal is just try to maintain so it doesn't get any worse until you can test. Hopefully your kit comes soon, so we can get down to business.

Okay, got the test kit. Here are the results:

Ph: 7.5
Fc: 11
Cc: 1
Tc: 12
Ch: 300
TA: 220
CYA: 20

I have been adding chlorine to the pool but we got some really hard rains so my pump hasn't been able to run for a couple days. The GFCI keeps tripping the breaker. I'm hoping it'll turn on this morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would focus on the electrical problem. That should not be happening. All equipment located out side should be able to handle the rain.

Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure - once you complete the SLAM you will raise your CYA and FC to what is needed and turn on your SWCG.

Well it was a combination of the rain and me having to change the o ring and clean the filter. I got water everywhere. It was working fine this morning but the filter is spraying water at the seam when I turn it on. I can never get it to sit quite right, it's very frustrating.

So the pool is definitely beginning to clear up (YAY!)

I'm seeing some large dark places on the bottom of the pool, they look like big shadows. I assume this is algae that has settled.

I have what I believe is a Hayward Diver Dave pool cleaner. It came with the pool when we bought the house so I've got no clue if it even works.

I looked up the manual and it said not to use it if there is algae in the pool... which I thought was odd bc isn't that kind of the point?

Anyway I wanted to check and see if you all thought it would be safe and/or beneficial to use right now

Brush those spots. I imagine the pool cleaner manual says that because it would clog up? Not sure.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.