verify I installed this correctly correct voltage

UPDATE:

Had my buddy stop by with a voltmeter and low and behold I have 120 running to my pump! The two wires black/white coming to the pump when powered only 1 has voltage 120, the other nothing. So the question is now...how did the pentair pump that was hooked up for years run fine for so long since it is clearly wired for 220?

I have now set my new hayward pump to 120 via the jumper.

here is a pic of the circuit breaker since it was asked.

My reading of that picture is a 230 volt sub-panel feed (four wire - black/red/white/ground) splitting into two separate 115 volt circuits (three wire - black/white/ground). The fuse on the right is 15 amps, left fuse I'm not sure. The wire colors are consistent.

This plus the multi-meter reading is fairly conclusive, 115 volts to the pump. Now the only thing inconsistent is the old pump wiring.

Thanks Jason, I was doing a lot of googling and it does not seem like a pump would run for long if it was set to 220 and only getting 120. I am just amazed this one ran for so long when it was hooked up in correctly. I had my buddy measure the wires at the pump (disconnected from the motor as my pool is still winterized and I didn't want it to suck air in the lines while plugged) and we measured at the GFCI and it was only the 1 hot wire coming in at 120.

People who've posted online with 220 pumps getting 120 the motor smokes, does not work...etc. So odd!

Both fuses above are 15amp. That makes sense now to have two different circuits in the shed one for the water stuff like pump and another for the lights and outlets.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who replied and offered help. Much appreciated. I love this place.

My pool opening is May 7th which is ambitious since I am in Canada (was high of 10c here burrr) so swimming anytime soon seems a long shot. Last year we same on May 18th heating it to 83. this year the minute the ambient temps are up we'll heat it to get in a swim. Bring on summer.

One day I'll wait for people to comment that I use C or F depending what i am quoting!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.