Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

I really like Aqua Blue, Aqua White, Tahoe Blue (though this one 70% are very blue pics and 30% have green to them but gotta love digital photos...), Tropics Blue looks great in many pics and then bam it has some green to it and then some super blue pics, but really any of them would pop with your stone and travertine colors. Esp with the glass and albalone shells, water will pop! The color we are going with is a richer, deep blue than the Aqua Blue and in many pics looks like the Tropics Blue so those 2 are my favs lol

Do you have a pic of the color your going with and if so can you post it here? I like rich deep blues but the wife wants light blue so we agreed to settle in the middle. She said she doesn't want to feel like she is swimming in the ocean and she says deep color water will scare her and she will feel like there is sharks below her lol

I like rich deep blues but the wife wants light blue so we agreed to settle in the middle. She said she doesn't want to feel like she is swimming in the ocean and she says deep color water will scare her and she will feel like there is sharks below her lol

LOL!!! Tell your wife thank you for me! I love the deep blues, but I always have a nervous feeling about them. I think that's why! :shark:

I think she will be surprised how easy is it is to see all through the water and to the bottom. It was very reassuring to me once my pool was filled. I was worried about creepy crawley things sneaking up on me since we have creeks around us. It's never a worry with my medium plaster and crystal clear TFP water! :calm:

Lol Suz, I told my wife she was crazy but she said if I get deep blue water (which I love) she will never get in. I can't lie I almost thought for a second to just do it anyway so that way the backyard turns into my own personal man cave oasis and I don't have to share , it would be very peaceful hahahah.

Lol Suz, I told my wife she was crazy but she said if I get deep blue water (which I love) she will never get in. I can't lie I almost thought for a second to just do it anyway so that way the backyard turns into my own personal man cave oasis and I don't have to share , it would be very peaceful hahahah.

You might think, momentarily, it would be your man cave oasis, but it really couldn't be an oasis without your wife, right? Right?? RIGHT??? RIGHT????

And don't kid yourself, Big Will..... She's probably had similar thoughts for making it HER oasis!!! :lol:

You sound just like me and my husband!! lol I was all about the deep, dark blues and he kept showing me pictures of the lighter blues. So, we agreed on the medium one that we went with. We both are very happy with it. Our deep end is a little over 6 1/2 feet and you can see the bottom perfectly. It has glass beads but I sure wish we had the option of adding abalone shell. I know your color is going to sparkle!!

Where did you order your furniture from that you had 1 day shipping?? Wow!

This is CL Industries Blue Pearl mini pebble finish
16113268_10210557355077305_5673868988693942697_o.jpg

It has a rich, vibrant blue color without being too dark. I love the even darker colors esp with the grey bases but it is hot where we are (you too!) And that can get warmer plus we have a cage that will block light and didn't want a dark hole in the back yard. We went and saw this installed at a local pool our PB just finished and a slightly lighter one and preferred this.

You sound just like me and my husband!! lol I was all about the deep, dark blues and he kept showing me pictures of the lighter blues. So, we agreed on the medium one that we went with. We both are very happy with it. Our deep end is a little over 6 1/2 feet and you can see the bottom perfectly. It has glass beads but I sure wish we had the option of adding abalone shell. I know your color is going to sparkle!!

Where did you order your furniture from that you had 1 day shipping?? Wow!
Overstock.com. My same set was on wayfair and on all modern as well.
This is CL Industries Blue Pearl mini pebble finish

It has a rich, vibrant blue color without being too dark. I love the even darker colors esp with the grey bases but it is hot where we are (you too!) And that can get warmer plus we have a cage that will block light and didn't want a dark hole in the back yard. We went and saw this installed at a local pool our PB just finished and a slightly lighter one and preferred this.

I like that color a lot, I think I want to go a shade darker if I can get away with it though . I'm still trying to convince the wife

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will, you need to start shopping for muriatic acid best pricing as your fill water is high PH and TA. You will have some work to get and keep it down. It is easy but will take quite a bit of m.a.

Will have you bought or thought about where you will store this? With your house being a gathering spot for kids I would like for you to pre-think this:

Amazon.com: Rubbermaid Commercial 7085 Double-Door Storage Cabinet - Base 36w x 18d x 36h Gray/Black: Home Kitchen

You can put it in a corner of the yard away from any foot traffic and LOCK it. You will not want to store much else in there as m.a. does not play will with much stuff. It does need to be well vented.

Kim:kim:

Kim I'm in for one of those. So for a update! We are trying hard to finish up this week and everyone has came as scheduled which is a blessing and makes me feel warm and tingly inside.
They are finishing up some touches on plumbing , doing electrical as I type, and mason just left and finished up block work and closed up my gate. The tile guy even came and laid the marker tile so my house is buzzing with workers today and the last few days.
Still hoping for inspection Friday so we can plaster Saturday but I will keep you updated . And now some pics
Bling for you Kim! Had to throw a little glass in

And a overhead shot for Suz since she called us out :)

Nice will! Did they grout the tile or leave the voids to be filled with the plaster? If grout, are you comfortable it will blend well with the finish colors you are deciding between? Have you made that decision yet? It's time!

Hi Will! I'm playing catchup...
so exciting- you're almost done!!! Does it seem real yet?
The glass tile edging looks spectacular! What color did you end up choosing for plaster? I have a medium blue with beads and abalone shells. They actually show up very well in some of my pool pictures toward the end of my thread. The beads are beautiful, but the shells are SO SPARKLY!! I hope you are getting a BUNCH!

I can't wait to see it all finished! Btw- I really love your travertine!

Kim I'm in for one of those. So for a update! We are trying hard to finish up this week and everyone has came as scheduled which is a blessing and makes me feel warm and tingly inside.
They are finishing up some touches on plumbing , doing electrical as I type, and mason just left and finished up block work and closed up my gate. The tile guy even came and laid the marker tile so my house is buzzing with workers today and the last few days.
Still hoping for inspection Friday so we can plaster Saturday but I will keep you updated . And now some pics
Bling for you Kim! Had to throw a little glass in

And a overhead shot for Suz since she called us out :)

Hey Will, it all looks amazing! But the overhead shot really shows how well this was planned out, and your meticulous attention to detail. A beautiful backyard!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.