Variable speed pump with Paramount Vanquish in-floor cleaning system?

Transient

Feb 3, 2021
BC, Canada
I have a pool with a Paramount Vanquish in-floor cleaning system. I'd like to upgrade the pump to something more energy efficient, but I'm not sure if it'll be compatible with the Vanquish which requires a minimum flow rate to operate. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

My current pump is a Hayward Super II 1.5 HP SP3010X15A which according to the label is 230V / 9.3A / 1.10KW / 3450 RPM.

A variable speed pump like the Pentair Intelliflo (that I’m using) can be adjusted to provide any flow you require. I replaced an old Hayward Superflo with the 3hp Pentair Intelliflo. You can set its onboard controller to run at a higher speed for a short time in the morning to clean the pool, then drop back to a slower, very economical speed for the rest off the day. Your cost of operation will be a fraction of the cost of running a single speed pump.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.