Variable Speed pump recommendation for 1 1/2 in plumbing to replace 1 HP single speed motor.

Sivaa

May 25, 2021
MA
Hi, I am seeking advise on selecting a VS pump to replace 1HP super pump connected on 1 1/2 in flex PVC. Budget is under $2000.
30k, vinyl, two skimmers, 2 return jets, Pump is ~10 ft away from one skimmer, ~30 ft from the other skimmer. Hayward Sand filter (willing to replace it with DE). Prefer NOT to replace the plumbing to 2in.
Thank you.

S,

The bigger the pump the more water you can move at a lower RPM. I have two rent house pools that have 3 HP IntelliFlo pumps and 1.5" plumbing. It has never been an issue. They run 24/7, most of the time at about 1200 RPM, for way less than $20 bucks a month. I love them.

And, the slower they run, the quieter they are. When new, I had to actually touch the pumps to make sure they were still running. :mrgreen:

You should check out this site. Pumps

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

The bigger the pump the more water you can move at a lower RPM. I have two rent house pools that have 3 HP IntelliFlo pumps and 1.5" plumbing. It has never been an issue. They run 24/7, most of the time at about 1200 RPM, for way less than $20 bucks a month. I love them.

And, the slower they run, the quieter they are. When new, I had to actually touch the pumps to make sure they were still running. :mrgreen:

You should check out this site. Pumps

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim. This is a great resource. I have a lot options there. I will try to narrow it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.