Variable Speed Pump- HELP

V,

That is a pressure side cleaner, not a robot, but that has nothing to do with your problems..

Forgetting about your waterfall wall and just looking at your spa overflow... It appears to me that your IntelliFlo pump has to send water to your pool returns, as well as some yet unidentified place, plus the spa overflow... That is a lot of water, so the first question is.. What speed is your pump running when in the pool mode..

Show me the following ScreenLogic screenshot..

Or at least tell me what speed the IntelliFlo runs in the pool mode..

We also need better pics of the valves that are associated with the water feature pump.. I assume it sends water to your waterfall wall. If not, what does it send water to?? We need to be able to see what position the handles are in.. Step back a couple of feet.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Attachments

• 4BD55CB9-9357-43E5-A046-D54B7A8C8E3A.jpeg
    4BD55CB9-9357-43E5-A046-D54B7A8C8E3A.jpeg
    691.7 KB · Views: 23
V,

That is a pressure side cleaner, not a robot, but that has nothing to do with your problems..

Forgetting about your waterfall wall and just looking at your spa overflow... It appears to me that your IntelliFlo pump has to send water to your pool returns, as well as some yet unidentified place, plus the spa overflow... That is a lot of water, so the first question is.. What speed is your pump running when in the pool mode..

Show me the following ScreenLogic screenshot..

Or at least tell me what speed the IntelliFlo runs in the pool mode..

We also need better pics of the valves that are associated with the water feature pump.. I assume it sends water to your waterfall wall. If not, what does it send water to?? We need to be able to see what position the handles are in.. Step back a couple of feet.

Thanks,

Jim R.
281465C0-353B-4384-B38A-B85D66068BEF.png

OK, so you have a 1 HP Jandy WaterFeature Pump (WFTR80) which you can add to your signature for future reference.

Also you have an attached spa so you should list that in your signature too.

Last edited:
Reactions: veneanz
V,

Do you know what your single speed pump does? One label says "slide" so I assume you have a slide.. the other label say "Safety" which on the surface makes no sense.. Where does it go?

If we assume that your spa overflow, pool returns, and water feature wall are all driven off of the IntelliFlo VS pump, you are going to have to run the pump at full speed or almost full speed to make it all work at the same time.. I also assume that at full speed you won't be able to get enough water through your filter to run them all.. Let's see what we can figure out..

Here is an experiment you can do.. Leave the pump set at 2750 RPM and stay in the pool mode..

On the top row of valves, right in front of your filter, are two valves.. Turn them both so that the handles are pointed straight up. This will shut off the pipes below the valves... Then tell us what that does to your spa overflow... and tell us if the waterfall wall shuts off and if the pool returns are off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.