valve position question

rodney68

May 1, 2019
jackson ga
I have an in ground pool with spill over spa. I cannot figure out which way these valves need to be positioned for proper spill over to pool. right now water from spa just "drizzles" into pool. No pipes are labeled on suction side.
Side note.... the picture shows previous plumbing from original owner, I have redone all pipes in the same order but just cleaned things up a bit.

Attachments

• pool valves.jpg
    pool valves.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 24
Rodney, welcome to TFP.

I don’t know what a proper spillover to a pool is. The more vigorous the spillover is the more it will aerate your pool water and raise your ph. Many of us have enabled the spillover mode on our automation so that we don’t have the spillover running all the time.

The spillover flow is adjusted by the pool/spa valve on your return. We need more pics of your entire equipment to help.

Rodney,

We need some pics from a little further back so that we can follow the pipes to the valve we need to find.

If your spillover was working fine, and now it is not, then most likely your filter is dirty. What is your "clean" filter pressure and what is it now?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good morning,
My pressure runs around 12-15 pounds pretty much at all times. I'm now trying to track down a air leak. it takes pump about 5 to 10 minutes to prime itself without me filling basket up with water to prime. now I just noticed yesterday on one of my Jandy valves that this know for the grease cup is missing and when I turn pump off for th eday sometimes water squirts back out of it. I guess my question is, is this a place that creates suction as well and could be the source of my air leak?

Attachments

• jandy.jpg
    jandy.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 3
Where is the Jandy valve that is missing the grease cup in your plumbing? What side of the pump is it?

I'm taking a wild guess. But i believe what you are showing us is the drain side of the pool. We need to see what's after the filter going back to the pool. See attached for how I think your drain side is plumed.

Attachments

• pool drain side.png
    pool drain side.png
    5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The cap missing on the valve on the far left is only to lock the valve from moving. You loosen the cap to move the valve then tighten the cap to lock the valve so someone walking buy doesn't bump it out of position. Mine do not let water out of them when loosen.

The cap missing on the valve on the far left is only to lock the valve from moving. You loosen the cap to move the valve then tighten the cap to lock the valve so someone walking buy doesn't bump it out of position. Mine do not let water out of them when loosen.

Rodney does not have neverlube Jandy valves. The cap he shows has grease to lubricate the valve. That is different then the knob on the top that locks the handle in place.

The grease fitting is a bad design. It easily gets knocked off leaving the threaded part inside.

If you can get the threaded part out, you can plug the hole with a 1/8" npt plug.

The old Polaris P20 drain plug will fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.