Vacuum port?

Sep 3, 2017
NJ
Have 2nd access hole outside main skimmer, not sure of what function this serves. It has 1 port poolside connected to pump, and another below that which I assume is an equalizer? At the bottom there are 2 lines and another return parallel with the upper port. Whats odd is the depth they are both 30” deep. Manufacturer is paramount, any input would be appreciated. Normally just keep the valve for this3F43AEA9-7CD5-4C86-BCE3-D9309A3A321C.jpeg line closed.

By chance, is the pool to the upper right in your pic?
That looks like a venturi type skimmer, but is missing the parts that creates the venturi effect. It looks like both ports in the side of the skimmer are threaded.

Is there a manufacturers name on the underside of the skimmer lid?

I agree with Gene. Looks like a Parmount venturi skimmer.

In my opinion all "marketing" and of little extra value over a traditional skimmer. Your best bet is to leave the valve at the equipment pad closed and use it as a standard skimmer.

The basic concept is they forced water from the pump through the venturi in the skimmer (between the two threaded ports) and the venturi effect would enhance the skimming action.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.