Vaccuuming cloudy pool when you can’t see the bottom

tush17

Jun 30, 2021
Toronto
Had a very green pool at opening. Hired maintenance company to open the pool and maintain throughout our summer season as I’m a new pool owner. I hired one of the top rated companies in our area.

They put some chemicals in to start, and now are having me add liquid chlorine every couple days. It’s been about a week since we started. The pool is no longer slime green but there’s still a small tint and very cloudy. There’s also a ton of leaves and dirt at the bottom. Against their advice, I ran a leaf skimmer at the bottom of the pool on a net and a ton of leaves came up, and a bunch of dirt dispersed through the pool. Their plan is to just keep adding chlorine until the pool goes clear and then begin vacuuming and cleaning at that time.

I did a bit of reading on here and it sounds like we may need to clear out as much organic debris at the bottom in order for the chlorine to be effective? Picture 8323F428-99E9-4072-9D09-C1B6F950832A.jpeg51CA092E-BC21-48AD-99B0-C0A646F16DB1.jpegincluded

Without your signature filled out I wouldn't know where to lead u but you need to follow TFP protocol and step one is YOUR OWN TEST KIT Test Kits Compared.
I like the the TF-100 with the speed stir. Order it asap like yesterday and do all the tests on the instruction card and then post for further instructions. While you wait add 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily so the mess doesn't get worse. Oh and read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry SLAM Process PoolMath

Reactions: Mdragger88
Without your signature filled out I wouldn't know where to lead u but you need to follow TFP protocol and step one is YOUR OWN TEST KIT Test Kits Compared.
I like the the TF-100 with the speed stir. Order it asap like yesterday and do all the tests on the instruction card and then post for further instructions. While you wait add 5 ppm of liquid chlorine daily so the mess doesn't get worse. Oh and read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry SLAM Process PoolMath
I will do that. Regardless, I’m wondering if it’s Advisable to vacuum during the process or wait until the pool is clear? Will it even get clear without vacuuming all the organic material at the bottom (there is a lot)

To answer your question- All the organics in the bottom are going to steadily eat through any chlorine u put in leaving less free to work on killing algae.
Remove as much as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.