Vacation Destinations 2016

Lou, is that this island: A beautiful island off Korea - Review of Ulleungdo, Ulleung-gun, South Korea - TripAdvisor? I've been stationed there twice (RoSK), but never made the trip to that location. Looks very nice. The rest of you are making my 7-day Caribbean cruise look like an overnight fishing trip. My goodness. Don't you people have pools to relax in? :swim:
Yes TS, it is. Ty for serving our country and those abroad so these people can live free. Sry for my bad spelling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I love me some saltwater fishing, expecially in tropical places.
So, me and a couple of my friends are planning a trip to Belize for a few days before long and are gonna try out the best sailfish fishing on the planet. I hope the fish will be biting.

My bags are packed and Im ready to go.
Belize is a beautiful country, especially out on the water. The wife & I did a 7 day live aboard SCUBA trip years ago on the Belize Aggressor and just loved it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This years trip will be to check out the condition of the pools at Sandals Emerald Bay on Great Exuma in the Bahamas.

slide-05.jpg

If you look right below the two folks on the balcony you will see my seat at the swim up bar that I monitor the water from.

Will be going to Vegas for three days to attend the "waste expo" and play some craps. At the end of July will be going to sardine lakes in the sierras for 9 days, no phone, electricity, showers, only trees, lakes and mountains. I have been going there since the early 70's with my parents, missed a few in the late 80's but have been every year since 1990.

Anyone planning vacations this year? Where are you going?

Hubby told me to plan a vacation where ever I want to go without flying... So we are going to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. It's our first vacation and I'm very excited to go! I'm taking my TF100 too. :mrgreen:

I went to north Myrtle Beach in the summer of 2015 with my family and brought my test kit. Pool had high CYA and PH and low FC and a CC of 2 after the first test, all told I spent about $40 on bleach to make it safe for the kids to swim. The pool next door that was managed by the same company turned green within 2 days as well.

I went to north Myrtle Beach in the summer of 2015 with my family and brought my test kit. Pool had high CYA and PH and low FC and a CC of 2 after the first test, all told I spent about $40 on bleach to make it safe for the kids to swim. The pool next door that was managed by the same company turned green within 2 days as well.
Now THAT's a dedicated TFP member. :goodjob: :salut:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's our 30th anniversary the beginning of April. With this large, expensive build going on I don't imagine we will be going on a trip outside our backyard. If we do, it will be in the fall to Boston. We both love history, fall, and have never been there.

Boston is a great city if you love history. Everything is compact and you can walk the Freedom Trail. Just 2.5 miles and so much history to see.

Before moving to AZ, I was Fire Chief in Hingham MA, which is on the coast a few miles south of Boston. It's also a nice town to see. It has the largest number of pre colonial single family residences of any town in the US. Five historical districts, settled in 1633, incorporated 1635. Old Ship Church is the oldest continually used church in the US. Hingham Harbor has some of America's oldest commercial buildings. When I left in '05 Hingham's Main Street (which is 5 miles long) still didn't have a single traffic light. Just a little resistance to progress in New England.

Hey, we got our first two traffic lights just a few years ago and I'm not all that happy about it. A lot more people drive through town now, they used to complain about stop signs and we just told them to go around the town. Thanks for the history on Hingham, I'm going to have to go read up on that. Wow, 1633! I love pre colonial houses and history.

A little road trip camping up at Crater of Diamonds and Hot Springs Arkansas for Spring break.
December the big trip back to Australia for my parents 60th wedding anniversary.

We normally do a couple of cruises, but hubby's health has been pretty bad the past 6 months - not sure we will be able to do anything this year :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.