V. Todd Tropic Seas Rio Spa

V.Todd

Jul 8, 2019
Oxford, Mississippi
Hi..I previously owned a spa for 20 years, tested with strips and added Chlorine accordingly. NEVER a problem. Just expected maintenance and cleaning.
Purchased new from Family Leisure a Tropic Seas Rio Spa 2020, 84"x84"x36"..have had for about 8 months and cannot get it to not foam to the point is looks like you are in a giant bubble bath! NOTE: I am on well water. They give a sheet with the spa as to what to add weekly and after each use--Weekly: add 3oz. Defender / Scale Preventer, 3oz. Enzyme / Natural Enzyme, 3 oz Renew/non-Chlorine Shock then After each Use - (Notes Very Important) Add 3 oz Renew / Non-Chlorine Shock.
Questions: How to stop the foam? & Are all these different chemicals necessary or just the store keeping me coming back to them?

Thank you for your assistance and time.
Best regards,
Vivian

WOW, what a smorgasbord of stuff you are putting in there!! I basically use liquid chlorine and a little muriatic acid in mine is all.. maybe all that stuff makes it foam? I too use well water..
Go read this, its at the top of this forum.. it will head you in the right direction... How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Reactions: RDspaguy
I have the same hot tub, only time I have foam problems is when people come over. I have had the tub for a year now and decided early on that I was not going to freak out about people coming over to use the tub and brining in soap on the suits. Water gets changed often enough and it has not been a big problem. I would drop what you are doing and switch to liquid chlorine, take the time to read and understand it and go at it. It is easy.

Reactions: RDspaguy
thank you for your input.. what is so baffling is it only gets used about once a week by me and possibly my sister! I will switch to the liquid chlorine - do you suggest draining and starting over?
I'm thinking yes, start out on a fresh fill and you dont have to worry about all that stuff you already have in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.