DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Since our pool was built with the pool and Spa sharing one pump using the I aqualink to change from pool to spa mode. I have since replaced pump to a new E Pump and notice that when in Spa mode it runs at a lower RPM. While I know how to change RPM's for the pump and freeze mode I am not sure how to make it run at a specific RPM when in spa mode.

I must be missing something or does the I aqualink have its own hard code and only allows the pump to run at a specific RPM when in spa mode? Any help would be appreciated.

Look at your VSP Speed Setup page…

Jandy_Aqualink_VSP_Speed_Setup.png

Thanks I checked that and do see where they are off by 100 RPMS. However its much slower than that I moved it up to 3000 RPM's and its still slow. My old smaller non variable speed pump put out more pressure in the spa than this one. However We had them add two more jets during remodel. But this E Pump is also a 2.7 HP so I guess I thought it would be better but seems like less for sure.

You are using the word slow for your pump.

Do you mean you are getting lower pressure from the spa jets then you expected?

Run your E pump at max 3450 RPM for your spa. That is the TPM your old SS pump ran at.

How many jets do you have in the spa that the flow is split between?

What is the PSI of your filter at what RPM?

When was your DE filter last backwashed?

Do you have an MPV on the filter? If so, put it in RECIRCULATE and see what flow you get in your spa.

I just cleaned the filters this past weekend

Yes it seems as if I do not get the flow that I used to have. We had 4 jets which was kinda crazy one whole portion had no jets so we added two more for a total of 6. The pump runs like its in startup mode and never ramps up. I will try setting it to max on spa and see what it does. However I do not feel like its going to ramp to max for whatever reason.

No MPV

Pump running at 3200 RPM on pool at about 23 PSI on filter.

Let’s say you had 20 GPM of flow from each of your 4 spa jets for a total flow of 80GPM.

Now you split that 80GPM across 6 jets with about 13 GPM through each jet.

That is a 30% decrease in flow due to changing the spa from from 4 jets to 6. That would be noticeable.

That makes since thanks for the input!

After I increased the SPA RPMs to 3400 it made a huge impact. Back to something I can live with now plan to put a control in place for SPA blower as for I changed it out to a lower HP which helped but it still blows water out. Hope to be able to dial it back some......we dont actualy use the blower that often but would be nice if it worked right when we do.

After I increased the SPA RPMs to 3400 it made a huge impact. Back to something I can live with

Glad that worked.

now plan to put a control in place for SPA blower as for I changed it out to a lower HP which helped but it still blows water out. Hope to be able to dial it back some......we dont actualy use the blower that often but would be nice if it worked right when we do.
Ideas for how to modulate the spa air blower are in Spa Air Blower - Further Reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.