Using a Betta 2 Robotic Pool Skimmer and bottom cleaner simultaneously

Vetman

May 25, 2022
Georgia
I have a Betta skimmer that I like and it picks up a lot of the leaves blown into my pool. I also have a wired bottom pool cleaner, but I cannot use both of them at the same time.

Is there a good cordless cleaner for picking up a lot of the leaves that make it to the bottom of the pool? Most of the leaves are the size of the leaf from a Hibiscus plant just from the surrounding trees.

I have a Betta skimmer that I like and it picks up a lot of the leaves blown into my pool. I also have a wired bottom pool cleaner, but I cannot use both of them at the same time.

Is there a good cordless cleaner for picking up a lot of the leaves that make it to the bottom of the pool? Most of the leaves are the size of the leaf from a Hibiscus plant just from the surrounding trees.
I think @tcat has or had a battery powered cleaner for this purpose. He might be able to offer some insight.

Last edited:
@Katodude
Has multiple automatic skimmers & a maytronics robot, maybe he can share what he does as well.
I just run the beta during the day and the dolphin at night most of the time. This works for the most part unless a storm blows in, but when that happens I get so much debris I have to manually skim the surface and net the majority of stuff off the bottom. I still had to spend 3 hours manually cleaning up the pool after Ian this Saturday.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I bungee my Betta2 in the sun and run my Aquabot during that time. Only need to run the robot once week. Betta2 runs from about noon to 10pm. Haven't had a bad leaf drop yet to stress test the Betta2.

I pull my surface skimmers when I use the Maytronics robot.

I like the idea of bungee it in one place while the robot is running.

Some folks have tried to manage this, not with much success.

I have been running the Smorobot X11 and the Betta2 for 4 months now and they play nicely together, I always run the X11 in floor only mode, which means charging it to 7 solid green lights and turning the on/off switch to ”S” it runs approx 2.5 hour.
takes about 40 minutes to get to that stage with the fast charger, it did get stuck on the main drain a few times but since I added the software patch it hasn’t done so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.