Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Because of the recent drought in California, many pool owners here are choosing to remove their pools to reduce water usage (even though they could have just used a pool cover). Some cities are even paying pool owners to remove pools. This has created a flood of used equipment for sale on Craigslist and some of it in pretty decent condition. I just scored a Hayward MaxFlo VS SP2303VSP pump supposedly less than a year old (looks like it was just installed) for only $225 from a guy that does pool removals. I've already installed it and it is running great plus it works with my AquaLogic too!

Anyway, just curious if others have seen the same thing in their areas.

Last year or so I remember reading an article from a California paper stating that the drought was causing an upswing in pool builds. The thought was that a pool uses less water than a yard of grass that needed watering.

I would be heartbroken to take a pool down and out.. <sniffle sniffle> But great for you to score these type of buys on Craigslist. My local craigslist isn't very fruitful of good deals, sadly.

Maddie :flower:

This is a little dated but it does show a slight dip in the percentage of HH with pools.

Pkdata-Chart-4_516_lg.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.