Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I am coming up on two years of pool ownership and thanks to the good folks here, I have had a crystal clear pool since day 1. Nonetheless, finding decent chlorine is becoming somewhat of a challenge so I think this is a decent time to move up to a SWG. As my signature indicates, most of the equipment I have is Hayward. I am thinking of getting the CircuPool RJ-45 but not sure how/if it would work with my automation. I would like to make this as simple as possible, so not too interested in upgrading the automation.

So, is this possible and if so, how difficult would it be? I currently have a two speed pump that I am running between 3-4 hours a day but not sure if that would be sufficient to generate the amount of chlorine I would need. Thanks all for your input!

If you are running the pump off of something like an Intermatic timer, then yes you can include the RJ-45 into that as well. For those who use less pump run-time, you'll simply need a higher % Output setting to compensate and ensure your water gets the chlorine required each day. The Circupool manual gives an example of electrical hook-up with a timer as well.

If you are running the pump off of something like an Intermatic timer, then yes you can include the RJ-45 into that as well. For those who use less pump run-time, you'll simply need a higher % Output setting to compensate and ensure your water gets the chlorine required each day. The Circupool manual gives an example of electrical hook-up with a timer as well.
Thanks. Not using an Intermatic right now as it runs though the automation. I will read up on the hook up options. I see your pool is a little larger than mine...how long do you run yours since you too have a two speed motor?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.