Upgrading pump

Jun 19, 2017
Siloam Springs, Ar
Hello. I have a Coleman AG 22x52 pool. I’ve always had SWG and I do love them, absolutely the easiest and cheapest way to go. But now that I have the Steele frames pool, the saltwater corroded the railing and legs leading to rust and I’m having to get a new one. I have kids that live in the pool. I mean everyday. I thought I would get the same pool and go with typical Chemicals and sand filter. I know nothing about these. Question one, first off, do they come in sizes and how do you gauge? I think the gallons are 10,000 gallons. Also, I have the old skimmer basket, like the intel type basket that hangs on the side, will this work? I’m so nervous about getting this pool because of the cost and the last one only lasted two years. Over read current reviews and they state hat even w/out salt they rust. I’m kinda in a predicament because of state of the world, I will not let them go to public pool and one is special needs and very physical. They actually Need this and one this size. So, with that being said, does anyone know of anything I could coat the rails and poles with to help keep rust off? That wouldn’t cost a ton of money. Sorry for the long post, but I always turn to this site for help.

Wow, 2 years you say? True, they all rust. I put one in my mother's backyard for the grandkids. It rusted pretty good... over the next decade. When I took it down, my nephew came and got it and it's in his backyard now.
I don't believe you can blame the salt, either. A SWG salt level is roughly 1/10th that of sea water.
What chlorine level are you maintaining? How often do you balance ph? I am no chemical expert, just a repairman, but it seems there is something else going on here.

Reactions: charliej
Wow, 2 years you say? True, they all rust. I put one in my mother's backyard for the grandkids. It rusted pretty good... over the next decade. When I took it down, my nephew came and got it and it's in his backyard now.
I don't believe you can blame the salt, either. A SWG salt level is roughly 1/10th that of sea water.
What chlorine level are you maintaining? How often do you balance ph? I am no chemical expert, just a repairman, but it seems there is something else going on here.
I took it down at end of season, but I always kept numbers on target. We did have a lot of hRain and constant overfill, but I would think more than two years for the price. I rent, so the above ground is my only option. That and finances. Thanks people for your help. I think some is just due to quality of products these days. Anyone recommend a fair price sand filter pump that’s compatible with this pool? They have their brand, but just didn’t know how good they are. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.