UPDATED: With NEW K-2006 Numbers: Where to start with SLAM??

Keep running the pump and keep the chlorine up. Clean filter (backwash for sand) when the filter pressure is 25% above the clean filter.
thank you. have been continuing this after your recommendation and ajw22! still waiting on test kit-got an email that it was delayed. so still waiting for more info! thank you for helping so far!

Hello everyone!
I finally got my test kit. Here are my readings:

FC: 1.5
PH: 7.4
TA: 80
CH: 180
CYA: 30
I still have a bit of residual on the floor of my pool that “poofs” when I turn filter on high, or when I brush the bottom. What would you all recommend I do next? Thanks so much!! I also got 6 gallons of liquid chlorine (can get more if needed), and have a total of 12 lb of CYA.

Last edited:
H
I doubt you have mustard algae but we will see...

Brushing daily breaks the biofilm on the algae and lets the chlorine attack the algae. The chlorine will be more effective with frequent brushing.
Hello!
I got new test kit in! I checked all levels yesterday and posted, added 2 gallons of liquid chlorine 10% last night, and today my FC was 6, cc 0.5, and CYA is 30, with small film specks on water surface and still what I assume is dead algae at bottom.
My slam math was to add 4 lb of CYA to bring that to 45, and then add 3.5 gallons of LC to bring it to 20. Does that sound right? And if so, I would stick to SLAM until I meet all 3 criteria?

I thought you said you tested a CYA of 45. My bad.
So you are not testing at a 30? If you can see the black dot, it is less than 30. Have you added any CYA?

It’s ok! Where it says to read the number, mine was 30, but I can see black dot easy. I hadn’t previously added CYA at any time.

I am currently at “30” although I think it’s less, and added 4 lb. I think I will then have a real reading of 30. So trying to figure out what’s going on here and just need someone to help with that part lol whole new world for me!

Ok. So I need to add a total of 6 lb of CYA to bring my ppm to 30. And then SLAM based on that to get to get to 12 FC, and maintain that.

At a current FC of 6, I also need to add 1.5 gallons of LC. Just making sure my math is correct!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello algae fighters! You all have been a big help! Attached is our pool from this past Saturday evening. My only question now that I finished SLAM... there is still the smallest bit of dead algae. I stopped SLAM after I met all 3 criteria. It rained the last 2 days, so Should I just keep brushing and letting it filter out? Or pick SLAM back up to ensure it is in fact dead? CYA 50, FC 7, CC 0 today.

Attachments

• 0B4F04EB-468C-4F6A-B6CD-9BA43FCAAC7B.jpeg
    0B4F04EB-468C-4F6A-B6CD-9BA43FCAAC7B.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 93EB272B-7242-4DD5-9B4D-59A8489DA878.jpeg
    93EB272B-7242-4DD5-9B4D-59A8489DA878.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.