New Build- Chico Ca

Pool_rookie8

Feb 8, 2020
Chico,Ca
This will be our first unground pool. We have a 5 and 7 year old. Started the process last June and Signed contract last fall, hoping to start the dig next week with the wonderful weather we have been having. Here are the details.

Size- 38x16-18 with 10x10 baja
Depth- 3.5-7 and 12” Baja
2 pentair bubblers with ColorVision LED
2 waterfalls
24’x18” raised beam

Finish- Wet Edge Prism Matrix Moonlight
Tile- Npt Waterfall Yosemite
Concrete- Salt finish

Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter
Pentair VSP 3.0 hp
Prowler 930 Robot
Pentair Easy Touch 4
Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color LED light x 2

I would like to add a SWG but the pool builder is against it. Not sure if I should push the issue or ask for a control panel that will accommodate the SWG and add it on my own. Builder communication has been hit and miss but seems to be better as we get closer to starting. He has a good reputation for quality but as with most of the builders around here he is overloaded with work. Wait list times are a year or more. Our market is ripe for more builders! Wish me luck!

Ryan

Attachments

• 3E746F64-9F62-4BC6-BF53-4CBBA9CA0256.jpeg
    3E746F64-9F62-4BC6-BF53-4CBBA9CA0256.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 66
  • 9A40AA49-CA67-4EF0-BD24-96A382E31C38.png
    9A40AA49-CA67-4EF0-BD24-96A382E31C38.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 5A0CEBC1-2683-4147-8DAE-0370C13CCF79.jpeg
    5A0CEBC1-2683-4147-8DAE-0370C13CCF79.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 80
  • 9EF40EDF-B3CB-4C54-93BD-DD392F7FA161.jpeg
    9EF40EDF-B3CB-4C54-93BD-DD392F7FA161.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 7A3709F1-2DB2-4F2D-BD7D-BE6E9D45DF2F.jpeg
    7A3709F1-2DB2-4F2D-BD7D-BE6E9D45DF2F.jpeg
    449.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 6FDBD62B-8367-4E01-8DE1-13AD10E836E0.png
    6FDBD62B-8367-4E01-8DE1-13AD10E836E0.png
    756 KB · Views: 84
Looks good, congrats! I’m a little behind you in the planning, just finished meeting with a few different builders. Luckily there is no wait list here so I should have a pool by summer! I originally wanted SWG due mainly to easier maintenance, and thats what the first two guys suggested it. The last guy I talked to (who I liked the best, and think i will go with) emphatically did NOT recommended it. He said all fittings and metal components of any kind corrode badly and long term costs are high. Doing my googling it’s hard to tell so I’d like to know what everyone here thinks about it too.

We all think as it has been said multiple times over and over most PBs don't understand the chemical side/connection with SWCG and don't expect them to change course. Either find a PB that will go for it or do it at a later time when he's out of there. They are dead wrong and ask anyone here on the forum who converted including me with several pools. There's simply no looking back.

We all think as it has been said multiple times over and over most PBs don't understand the chemical side/connection with SWCG and don't expect them to change course. Either find a PB that will go for it or do it at a later time when he's out of there. They are dead wrong and ask anyone here on the forum who converted including me with several pools. There's simply no looking back.
I agree totally. If I want to add later should I ask for a compatible controller or add the separate power module later?

If you are using Pentair equipment you want your automation to have the SWCG power supply built in to the automation system. So the ET (or better yet the new Intellicenter) needs to be purchased with the SWCG integral with it.

@Jimrahbe is the automation pro I depend on..... he should pipe in here since I paged him <yoooohoooo!>

How many years do you think it takes to notice metal parts getting messed up by SWG? Cause my pool is 9 years young with salt from the git-go, and everything looks almost new still. :scratch:

I'd hate to hear of you buying one automation kit and it not being large enough to add salt, lights, etc later. Now's the time to go big or go home. ;)

Same with pipes getting plumbed in. Ask for the last run of pipe returning to the pool be left long and read for later install of a SWG. Also leave a space on the equipment board to add the controller.

Maddie :flower:

Oh yay! Marty also does automation!!

I suggest that you go with a pool builder that has a clue what he is doing... :mrgreen:

I have three saltwater pools.. one that is 10 years old, one that is 7, and one that is over 5.. I have had zero problems with them and the idea that a saltwater pool will "all fittings and metal components of any kind corrode badly and long term costs are high." Is just a flat out lie...

I would rather fill in my pools that not have saltwater pools..

Automation wise, the best thing to do is tell the pool builder what you want and ask him who he is building the pool for you or him???

The EasyTouch and the IntelliCenter that come with the salt system have the SWCG power supply inside the main enclosure. You can get an external power supply and salt cell and add it later if you wish.. But why? If you plan to go saltwater, why not do it now? Are you afraid of hurting the pool builder's feeling? Either you want a saltwater pool or you don't.

All my pools have the EasyTouch with built-in saltwater system. They work just fine, but if I were to buy a new pool today, I would use the IntelliCenter because it is that much better. The EasyTouch is like the first cell phone and the IntelliCenter is like a new iphone 10 million (or whatever).. They both make phone calls, but which do you want if they are almost the same price. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

I suggest that you go with a pool builder that has a clue what he is doing... :mrgreen:

I have three saltwater pools.. one that is 10 years old, one that is 7, and one that is over 5.. I have had zero problems with them and the idea that a saltwater pool will "all fittings and metal components of any kind corrode badly and long term costs are high." Is just a flat out lie...

I would rather fill in my pools that not have saltwater pools..

Automation wise, the best thing to do is tell the pool builder what you want and ask him who he is building the pool for you or him???

The EasyTouch and the IntelliCenter that come with the salt system have the SWCG power supply inside the main enclosure. You can get an external power supply and salt cell and add it later if you wish.. But why? If you plan to go saltwater, why not do it now? Are you afraid of hurting the pool builder's feeling? Either you want a saltwater pool or you don't.

All my pools have the EasyTouch with built-in saltwater system. They work just fine, but if I were to buy a new pool today, I would use the IntelliCenter because it is that much better. The EasyTouch is like the first cell phone and the IntelliCenter is like a new iphone 10 million (or whatever).. They both make phone calls, but which do you want if they are almost the same price. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the advice. I will ask for the price for the easy touch and intellicenter with salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.