Unusual numbers this year

Ollie0925

Apr 7, 2020
Salisbury, NC
Hi Everyone,

Just opened my pool in NC, initial water a little cloudy and insane amounts of worms.
I filled with my well water, which is high in iron, fixed one leaking pipe and broke pressure gauge, running the Melvin the robot vacumn every chance I get.
After filling and pump running initial numbers were: FC 5 CC 0 TA 40 CYA 30 pH lower than the scale, Salt 2800
I added what I had to start at home which was 120 lbs salt, 2 gallons chlorine, put 2 lbs stabilizer in the skimmer sock and started the SWG.
24 hrs later FC 3 CC 0 TA 50 pH 7.4 salt 3200, water looks pretty and clear.
I have more stabilizer in the skimmer sock going now and have turned the SWG all the way up.

Any thoughts on why the pH went up? I really thought I’d have to add something for that but I won’t if it’s going to rise on its own. My well pump pumps very slowly so the hose ran 8 hours a day for three days to fill the pool. Could that splash have raised the pH? I should clarify the initial very low pH was before I filled the pool.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.