Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So the pool company brought a bunch of chemicals that I don't want and I don't know what to do with them... help!

Calcium Hardness Increaser
Ph increaser
Algaecide
Powder pool shock

Not to mention a bucket of trichlor pucks. What should I even do with this stuff. Thought about taking them back and leaving them by their shop door... but I just don't even want to explain/engage.

ideas???

Sell the calcium.
Algaecide - if Poly60 you may want for closing for winterization.
pH increaser, soda ash, will you need that? Rarely do you need that following TFPC -- sell if you do not need it.
Pucks can be used over time for vacations, etc. Or sell them and buy fewer of them when you need it.

Reactions: Snoobug
I didn't really want any of this... I could ask for a refund but honestly I am non confrontational and am trying to avoid the topic. I'm sure they think they know what's best since they've been doing it for decades... but... you know...

Sell the calcium.
Algaecide - if Poly60 you may want for closing for winterization.
pH increaser, soda ash, will you need that? Rarely do you need that following TFPC -- sell if you do not need it.
Pucks can be used over time for vacations, etc. Or sell them and buy fewer of them when you need it.
Yeah I won't need the ph increaser...

Just ask nicely "hey, can I trade this stuff back for some liquid chlorine?? I have all that other stuff I need"

See? It doesn't say you're not using *that* stuff. You could tell them you need the Liquid Chlorine cause you're going to power wash a few houses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.