H2OAdventures

Aug 23, 2022
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi there! I recently purchased a home and am a first-time pool owner. It's a saltwater pool, in-ground, and fiberglass. Now that I'm acquainted with the pool, I noticed that it feels like the bottom "sways" or "vibrates" when I walk on it (almost like there is water underneath/it's bubbling) so I suspected that there were some leaks. A visible inspection and then a dye test confirmed there are in the skimmer (visible cracks-planning to use putty on them), small crack in the stairs (no idea what to do there), and near the return jets and lights. I also dug a hole above the return jet/lighting cables/pipe and I can see it visibly fill with water every time I pump it out. So now I'm hoping that it's just a simple fix based on what I've read but I cannot figure out how to take out the return jet and light fixture (pics attached) to see if there are leaks in the conduit.

Has anyone seen these before/had experience taking them out? Maybe it's just a tool we need?

I currently have called 7 companies and am not getting a response or they don't work with fiberglass pools, so I'm trying to do what I can in the meantime. If anyone has advice on any of those issues please feel free to share - we really want to prevent future damage.

Snag_2a46570b.pngSnag_2a4663eb.png

You can not remove the return body without draining the pool. Removing the "eyeball'" will not get you access the the body, it is attached with a large nut on the outside of the pool.

Reactions: H2OAdventures
You can not remove the return body without draining the pool. Removing the "eyeball'" will not get you access the the body, it is attached with a large nut on the outside of the pool.
Thank you for such a speedy response! Seeing the link and being able to see how they’re installed was really helpful.

I guess we’ll try to put our energy toward figuring out the light while we hope someone calls back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.