Unpaid Endorsement of TFP Membership

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
Two and a half years ago, I stumbled upon this site, meandering the Internet for who knows what. It was, as Bob Ross says, a "Happy Little Accident".

I've been around pools, literally, my entire life, being a competitive swimmer. I took care of commercial pools as well as the pools in the home I group up in. That's not to say I knew what I was doing. :)

I had always fought with the name brand pool companies over their reliance on a program to sell me their wares. Like most of us, I used the Yo-Yo method of maintaining my pool. Chlorine's too high? Use less pucks -- too low, shock it, etc. It wasn't until I ran across these forums, and thus people, I came to really understand my pool's chemistry.

My pool, right this second, is as clear and clean (you need both) as it's EVER been. The guidance and judgement free support this group of folks provides is worth 10x what a Gold membership costs.

It not only has saved me money in the short and long runs, it was armed me with the knowledge to avoid pitfalls that the majority of pool owners endure.

I encourage everyone to support TFP to ensure the site remains a resource for all pool owners.

wow sounds like a thousand other testimonies here me included. i would like to add some to this . Amazon smile if you shop there you can make TFP your charity . and also paypal set up with monthly donation is a way you can give back here. jus sayin.......... we found this site at near the same time and wow what did i learn well first i didnt know nuthin now im sure my pool is safe clean and TFP.

It not only has saved me money in the short and long runs, it was armed me with the knowledge to avoid pitfalls that the majority of pool owners endure.

I encourage everyone to support TFP to ensure the site remains a resource for all pool owners.

Thanks for the reminder. I don't think I did the donation for this year. Finding TFP definitely saved me $$$. Now I only occasionally buy muriatic acid, salt and stabilizer

Last edited:
Reactions: wilkj1
Update:

Based on advice over the last year or so, I moved to SWG and a robot. To add on to my previous endorsement, not only have I saved money, I have saved SO MUCH time. I am doing almost nothing to maintain the pool. My 14 year old maintains the robot. My 17 year checks the chems about every two weeks. The only thing he has done was lower the SWG output.

This is almost like cheating.

During the pandemic, it's rare people come over -- if they do it's few and outside. Friends will ask how my pool is so blue. I go in to a long diatribe about testing, adding chems and testing and monitor water flow -- blah blah blah. They give me the surprised look and I say "I'm kidding, that thing, that thing and that thing do everything. I don't do anything."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.