Under Construction in Cypress Texas

How much cost is involved with changing the slope after gunite has been installed? The pool should be 6-8" deeper in about a 60 SF area of the pool. I told the supervisor on multiple occasions about the slope issue. He finally admitted there was an issue today.

It is so difficult, and so expensive, there is virtually nothing that can be done about that at this stage. Short of demolition and re-build. It's written in stone now. That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry to say it, but I think your only other recourse is to be compensated monetarily for it, again short of re-build.

I had a meeting with the GM, salesperson, scheduler, superintendent, and supervisor last Friday. The supervisor was stating outright lies in the meeting concerning measurements of the depths and placement of the equipment, until I suggested we all take a field trip out to my house to confirm what he was saying. He stopped talking at this point. The GM took the supervisor off my job and replaced him with another.

Friday the backfill crew cut my cable line, and of course I wasn't notified. I was out of town this weekend so I didn't realize what had happened until this evening. I let the PB know that it was cut, and the 1st thing they said was "not our problem, look on the back of your contract." I was hoping for something to the extent of "thanks for letting us know, we'll find out where the breakdown in communicaction occurred, here is what you need to do to get service restored."

- - - Updated - - -

My salesperson let me know that this project is the worst he has ever seen, concerning the number of issues.

The cleanup crew left 1 pc of particle board and 1 pc of peg board encased in the gunite around the spa. Will there be integrity issues when the flagstone is installed over this area? I was worried about the wood rotting and the flagstone falling off in the future.

Tried to upload pics, but I am over my quota limit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! You have certainly gotten some challenges with your build and hope this all works out.

They did mark/survey for utilities "Not our problem" would have sent me to the moon with frustration!

They did mark, but not 3 days before the crew cut the line. AT&T was very prompt with coming out to resolve issue. The AT&T tech asked me who the PB was, I told him, then stated, "think twice before using them." He then stated, "I'm not building a pool, I just need to know who to send the bill to, they cut it, they pay." I bought the gentleman's lunch.

Ghesh... What a train wreck! I hope they finish this pool n it gives you no trouble in the future!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.