Under Construction in Cypress Texas

I'm not sure if it always has to be this way but it seems most PB's like to wait at least a few weeks after gunite to plaster.
Hope they build you a very nice pool after all the trouble they are giving you. It's looking great, going to be good looking pool. I love the stone.

Rborn, I also live in Cypress. I think that's my house I see in the background of your pool and coping photo!!! Not really, just wanted to add a little levity to a disheartening topic. I have sent you a private message.

I do NOT want to go through what you're having to endure. No one deserves that - and for sooooo much money! Unbelievable. Even spending this kind of money on a car, you at least have the lemon law to protect you. And you can return the car or sell it and recoup a large part of your investment. Not so on a pool build - scary. Texas desperately needs to pass pool legislation.

Your coping and tile look great! And I think the stone work is beautiful. It looks like what we see out in nature by a creek or lake. Keep in your sights how lovely the water falling over the rocks will look!!

I wish you the very best in this all turning out the way it should. Not sure what I can do, but if there is anything, neighbor, please let me know!! Suz

I'm not sure if it always has to be this way but it seems most PB's like to wait at least a few weeks after gunite to plaster.
Hope they build you a very nice pool after all the trouble they are giving you. It's looking great, going to be good looking pool. I love the stone.

Thanks jojoman!

- - - Updated - - -

Rborn, I also live in Cypress. I think that's my house I see in the background of your pool and coping photo!!! Not really, just wanted to add a little levity to a disheartening topic. I have sent you a private message.

I do NOT want to go through what you're having to endure. No one deserves that - and for sooooo much money! Unbelievable. Even spending this kind of money on a car, you at least have the lemon law to protect you. And you can return the car or sell it and recoup a large part of your investment. Not so on a pool build - scary. Texas desperately needs to pass pool legislation.

Your coping and tile look great! And I think the stone work is beautiful. It looks like what we see out in nature by a creek or lake. Keep in your sights how lovely the water falling over the rocks will look!!

I wish you the very best in this all turning out the way it should. Not sure what I can do, but if there is anything, neighbor, please let me know!! Suz

Thanks Suz. I am looking forward to the waterfall as well!

There are parts of the pool, mostly on the steps or near the top of the gunite that are marbled looking. I suspect this is where the gunite crew used rebound, because it seems not as solid as the non marbled areas. Is there a way to verify if this is rebound?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi rborn! It looks like your build is still marching on - even with the rains!! I can't help with the marbled gunite question. I don't even know what rebound gunite is (I guess it's not good). Our gunite was on Thursday, so I'm watching it very closely. Ha, not sure why since I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm still watching it!

I really like your waterline tile. We plan on using some sort of blue, also. The pool designer suggested we stay away from blue because it's so difficult to match to the water color. But I've seen tons of blue tile waterline pictures with all colors of water, and they all look great. Mother Nature herself puts all sorts of blues together. I figure MN knows best!!! I also want to do the toe tiles or step markers. Are yours the 1x1's of the same waterline tile? We've just now narrowed our choices down to two. So I'm glad to see your photos. I'll have to check to see if the tiles also come in 1x1's or whatever size you used (maybe 2x2's?).

Are things going better now with the build? I hope so! Keep dry and wishing you all the best! Suz

Hi rborn! It looks like your build is still marching on - even with the rains!! I can't help with the marbled gunite question. I don't even know what rebound gunite is (I guess it's not good). Our gunite was on Thursday, so I'm watching it very closely. Ha, not sure why since I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm still watching it!

I really like your waterline tile. We plan on using some sort of blue, also. The pool designer suggested we stay away from blue because it's so difficult to match to the water color. But I've seen tons of blue tile waterline pictures with all colors of water, and they all look great. Mother Nature herself puts all sorts of blues together. I figure MN knows best!!! I also want to do the toe tiles or step markers. Are yours the 1x1's of the same waterline tile? We've just now narrowed our choices down to two. So I'm glad to see your photos. I'll have to check to see if the tiles also come in 1x1's or whatever size you used (maybe 2x2's?).

Are things going better now with the build? I hope so! Keep dry and wishing you all the best! Suz

Things are slowly getting better with the build, thanks for asking. The waterline tile is Bluebonnet from Noble Tile Supply, NSHC636. The tile crew actually cut 3x3s from left over waterline tile to make the spotters.

Rborn, I've been wondering about your pool build and thinking you must be swimming by now. I was excited to see your thread back up at the top and couldn't wait to see beautiful photos.

This is awful; it just stinks! First it seemed they were just idiots but other names, which I won't say, seem to fit better now.

Was there a completion date in your contract? Not for the purpose to use it against them, because weather is always their out. But it seems to me, if you did have an estimated completion date, and it was missed, then you can insist on a new estimated date to take the place of the expired date. It's the same as if a certain model pump was listed on the contract, and that model is no longer available; then the pb must substitute a new one.

My hope for you is that because of the rains, all the subcontractors are way behind, and that it's not your PB being a jerk. Still, he should explain that.

Sorry to go on but just had to rant on your behalf. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way! Hang in there! Suz. Please keep us posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.