Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

Do you have overflow relief in your plans? This is something we did NOT do, and our shell has accumulated about 2' of water in a few months. I'm just curious, I don't know much about this feature -- altho I do know we can manually drain the pool to the roadside curb and gutter.

I'm sooooo glad I bumped into your thread! I'm going to attempt an OB on an investment property I just bought and this is almost the exactly the same pool I designed for my small back yard. It will be great to watch how it will look done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the long absence but not much has been done lately. PB did come out and drain the pool (it was about 9" below the normal fill line) and we went through some items that needed to be re-worked, but no other work has been done in the last two weeks.

I did get a landscape bid, but the price is just way over my budget (it was about 1/3 of the pool price), so I need to figure out how to whittle that down.

Hopefully, once we get going again it will be completed pretty quickly :swim:

Thanks for the update! Are you feeling good about everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling OK. There are some things that need to be fixed, so we'll see how that goes. My biggest frustration is never knowing when they plan on coming out and what they are doing when they get there. Most of the time, nobody's home, so it's a surprise ;)
Here are a couple of recent pics. These after they drained the pool last week and include the deck which has been installed since the last photos I posted...

And from the other side...

Got a laugh yesterday. My PB emailed me and said that due to the weather and flooding they were backed up on their schedule, but they'd let me know as soon as they could get my "plaster and start up back on schedule" After reading that, I broke out laughing because I never knew my plaster and start up was "on schedule" before (so how could it be put back on schedule?)
I mean, the last "revised" schedule I got from my PB said they'd be completely finished by 4/15 (and they were even trying to move it up sooner than that).
Obviously we didn't make the 15th (and that wasn't because of the rain), but never got another projected date for completion or any communication at all until yesterday.
I guess we'll see what they can do, I'm just hoping to have the pool up and running by mid May!:cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The rain and flooding is like a reset for him. Everybody has been distracted and he's now up to the task of "getting back on schedule". Ha!

Got another update from PB today, saying they want to finish our pool next week Monday-Wednesday. I guess we'll see.
Question, I know it was asked before about plaster being applied to wet gunite, but don't remember the answer. I know they will need to drain the pool since it is full from rainwater, but can it be drained and then plastered right away or should it be drained a couple of days before plaster??

Im pretty sure they came and pumped my pool (similar rains during my build), cleaned/prepped and did the PT that afternoon! (I just checked my build thread to make sure - page 15 if you want to see the process - my pool was about 1/2 full) http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/90669-New-Pool-Build-Conroe-TX-LOTS-of-pics!-Come-say-hi-Y-all/page15

Thanks Wendy, it appears they can do it all in one day! (BTW, page 15 of your build thread that you linked to, was about your deck being poured, but don't worry, I re-read all the way through page 28 to see the finished product. Love your pool :))

Yes, in fact having the gunite damp/wet is a good thing because it keeps the gunite from drawing moisture from the plaster so quickly. You'll be hitting it with water from the other side.

Lol! no idea why! I see different (not as many pages) when I'm logged in.

Thank you! And likewise I'm loving your pool!

Thanks Wendy, it appears they can do it all in one day! (BTW, page 15 of your build thread that you linked to, was about your deck being poured, but don't worry, I re-read all the way through page 28 to see the finished product. Love your pool :))

Got plastered while at work today!!:cheers:
PB called me Saturday wanting to know if today would work for us. Actually today was probably the worst day to do the plastering this week because neither my wife nor I were able to be here, but I relented anyway seeing as how many times the schedule has been changed already.
I wasn't able to get any good photos but I'll get some in the morning to post. I know, it never happened if there aren't any pictures.;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.