*UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1/11/2020 *

0F22AE5C-E880-4D42-8437-0F54E5A0B015.jpeg
So far this is the only problem with the mini pebble. It is disappointing to pay an additional few thousand dollars and get a result like this. I noticed this patch the day after pool was filled 3+ weeks ago. I asked the PB about it and he said he would ask the startup guy which is silly. ????☝️

Your pool is beautiful! I love the view and how the tiles are different from the ordinary. Reading through your entire build in one sitting brought back the feelings of rage when we basically gutted and remodeled our whole house last year. The garbage, the stupid mistakes (like installing a beam that is clearly labeled "TOP" and "BOTTOM" upside down. Inspector had a good chuckle as he wrote up that correction) I dreaded coming home each day to what I was going to have to deal with. A year later, I love my house, the remodel was 100% worth it. There are definitely imperfections that I see, but only because I know they are there. As you are floating in the pool, the irritation of the electricians etc, will turn into amusing stories of the pool build.

Reactions: Timujin
Your pool is beautiful! I love the view and how the tiles are different from the ordinary. Reading through your entire build in one sitting brought back the feelings of rage when we basically gutted and remodeled our whole house last year. The garbage, the stupid mistakes (like installing a beam that is clearly labeled "TOP" and "BOTTOM" upside down. Inspector had a good chuckle as he wrote up that correction) I dreaded coming home each day to what I was going to have to deal with. A year later, I love my house, the remodel was 100% worth it. There are definitely imperfections that I see, but only because I know they are there. As you are floating in the pool, the irritation of the electricians etc, will turn into amusing stories of the pool build.

Thank you! We wanted a different look than the norm.

I am glad you can relate. Rage is 100% accurate. My wife and I would shoot flames from our eyeballs at times. I would see a construction error think was “I wanted this? I paid for this!”

Big picture, waaaa my pool is not perfect waaaa.

Are these cracks in the coping grout normal with a new pool?

The Deck-O-Seal job is just lacking in some areas.

Attachments

• FC206EA5-AED7-462C-A6E4-9BEE89963B4E.png
    FC206EA5-AED7-462C-A6E4-9BEE89963B4E.png
    591.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 00F5C014-791A-4D1B-8DF4-595018B34A30.png
    00F5C014-791A-4D1B-8DF4-595018B34A30.png
    511 KB · Views: 56
  • E8A99EE6-5B18-446D-95DF-F2347CD04EF3.png
    E8A99EE6-5B18-446D-95DF-F2347CD04EF3.png
    605.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 7EC6DCFE-7366-4B81-90F5-35AEB8BC8E91.png
    7EC6DCFE-7366-4B81-90F5-35AEB8BC8E91.png
    599.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Sad
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
11 days ago the PB texted me at 7AM, to say the electricians will be out at 11AM to finish. I tell him to call them off as I didn't want anyone working at my house (COVID) and I was unaware until the day of. In addition, the dirt around my equipment pads was heavily saturated mud. So at 11:30AM electricians are at my door with the PB. This PB is really testing my patience. Well, the electric is done and they made a mess. Plumber now has to come back and reset the pads and pressurize the plumbing. After doing my walk around, I realized the electricians mistook a water pipe for a light fixture and removed a cap opening up the sealed pressurized plumbing. Or they jacked up something on the equipment pads and caused a leak. Then needed to release the pressure and cut a capped pipe. Of course, I tell the PB and he says it's ok they will remove the caps for plaster. No sheet!!! My pool won't be plastered for at least 2 more weeks. Looking at 2"- 4" of rain over the next 4 days.

Pool step marker tiles were set.

I need to install a removable gated fence around the pool. Then I can have the pre-plaster inspection done. Has anyone done something like this? Angel Guard Pool Fencing of Southern California | Pool Fences Cost is $2400 for 118' of 5' high fence with a locking gate.

I know the shell isn't sealed, but these areas where there is water coming in due to rain seem like areas where plaster will separate first.

View attachment 131510View attachment 131511View attachment 131512

View attachment 131513
Hi! Was there a reason why you needed to install a fence? My PB did not mention about installing one to pass inspection and seemed like the alarms on doors were enough.

My RV gates on the side to enter yard are not considered a barrier because they don’t self close. Still needed another barrier before the pool, water alarms, pool cover and door alarms.

I interesting as one of the things I added with the pool was a 2 door 7.5' (I wanted eight but it wouldn't fit) steel and wooden gate to my yard.. it was actually a little less expensive than rebuilding the block fence would have been. (They tear a section down to build the pool.) Both doors do have to have springs, but as far as national codes go that's okay. Are you sure that you have a local restriction like that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.