Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I'm thinking about reconfiguring my plumbing. I currently have an Intelliflo VS connected to the pool plumbing and separate 2 HP Whisperflo single speed pump connected to the slide/waterfall combo. I want to integrate the two systems and do away with the Whisperflo. I would also like to convert the dual (VGBA) slide intake/suction ports to pool returns to enhance skimming action over the tanning ledge. Hard as it to believe, the there is only one 1 1/2" return for the entire pool.

Photos of the pad and the intakes are shown below. I plan on splitting the current single return with a 3-way diverter valve sending one port to the slide return and one port back to the pool return. I plan to split the pool return again to provide the ability to balance the main return and new dual returns next to the tanning ledge. Should I use a 2-way or 3-way valve between the main pool return and the new returns. I'm thinking a 2-way should work (and would be easiest to install)?

The current slide intake ports are 2" diameter and are located low on the side wall. I need to convert at least one of those into a 90 degree return to push water up and along the wall. I believe I've found the parts necessary to make the conversion.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Pad.jpg
Returns (1).jpg

Last edited:
Mike,

Do you mean that all your pool returns are from one 1.5" line, or do you only have one "eyeball" pool return in your whole pool???

I think you will need two 3-way valves.. I assume the slide would only be on from time to time and that the slide will take all the water and leave none for the pool returns.

If you want to "balance" the flow between the original pool return(s) and the two new returns (converted intakes) I think you will need a 3-way.. Other wise there will be no restriction of the water going to the original pool return(s) and your new returns will only get what is left over..

Let's see what our other members have to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you mean that all your pool returns are from one 1.5" line, or do you only have one "eyeball" pool return in your whole pool???
The single return to the pool is a 2" line reduced to 1.5" (or maybe even 1.25"). No eyeball...the return is angle cut pipe. Lots of pressure....just not enough movement.
I think you will need two 3-way valves.. I assume the slide would only be on from time to time and that the slide will take all the water and leave none for the pool returns.
Either the slide or returns will be on. Changing the plumbing will allow skimming and filtration while in slide mode. I'm not sure the VS will have enough volume to effectively run the pool returns and slide at the same time.
If you want to "balance" the flow between the original pool return(s) and the two new returns (converted intakes) I think you will need a 3-way.. Other wise there will be no restriction of the water going to the original pool return(s) and your new returns will only get what is left over..
That's my dilemma. I'm not sure how much pressure will be needed to get enough flow out of the new returns. The new returns will be 2" from the pad, then split again into two 2" returns. I plan to try out return fittings with a 3/4" opening. I don't need much flow there...just enough to clear the tanning ledge.

Thanks for the response Jim.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.