twist lock adapter?

Jul 13, 2008
I bought a 3/4 hp 9.8 amp pump for my Intex above ground pool. The pump came with a twist lock plug. Are adapters available to make it a standard 15 amp plug, and anyone knows who carries them. Or will I have to make a plug?

The problem is that there is no receptacle close enough to reach the pump, so swapping faceplates won't work. I am currently using an extension cord plugged into a 15 amp receptacle to run the Intex pump. The new pump is 9.8 amps and would be the only thing on that circuit.

You can just buy a new whip for the pump with a std plug, but please make sure that extension cord is on a gfci protected outlet/circuit. Been there with the whole ext cord deal, but please play it safe....another added layer of saftey would be to unplug the extension cord from the outlet, before entering your pool.

fsds123 said:
The problem is that there is no receptacle close enough to reach the pump, so swapping faceplates won't work. I am currently using an extension cord plugged into a 15 amp receptacle to run the Intex pump. The new pump is 9.8 amps and would be the only thing on that circuit.
Then go get a twist-lock female and cut the standard female end off your extension cord and have at it. While you're in that aisle at the store, maybe they have a really heavy-duty cord you could modify.

Found what you want.
a1447009yw.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.