Tumbled bluestone pavers - Polymeric Sand Vs Stone Dust

tfp-NE

Jul 31, 2020
Northeast
We are building a patio around our pool deck (4 feet around is concrete) for a little more room and we have put in these beautiful stones - all to grade, leveled with stone dust etc.

We are now in the phase of filling in gaps which vary anywhere between 1/8 " to 1 inch (irregular stone). We were going to fill in with polymeric sand but are now reading some horror stories about heaving, material being stuck to pavers forever, and general breakdown of the product. We have a lot of very fine stone dust that seems to compact quite nice.

Anyone have experience with filling in the gaps with stone dust? We were thinking if we do it, and things settle this year, we can simply add more dust as we go - or if it gets really bad, go with the polymeric sand next year.

I know you didn't get a lot (any) input, but before I do, I'll ask if you made your choice and how you like it. If you've already chosen and put it in, I'll agree that it was the best choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.