Herald, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New pool install with Pentair Intelliflo, booster pump and SWG.
Right now I have two modes (pool and spa)
From what I understand, in spa mode it sucks from spa and returns to spa. I understand this as I wouldn't want heated water going back to pool.
However, in pool mode, I thought* it is supposed to suck from pool and return to pool AND* spa? That way the spillway (waterfall) will work? It's currently barely a trickle.

I *think* I like the idea of water not returning to the spa sometimes? But I'm pretty sure I need water to flow through spa for proper circulation of chemical etc.?
Can I create a third mode where a little more water returns to spa for this?

By the way - I also have a big auxiliary just for the waterfall where it pumps from pool up to the top of waterfall (alongside the spa spillway) and gives a whitewater river down back to the pool but that water does NOT enter the spa. Contractor said that us so I can have a waterfall while is spa mode - this again makes perfect sense to me.

I *think* I like the idea of water not returning to the spa sometimes? But I'm pretty sure I need water to flow through spa for proper circulation of chemical etc.?
By limiting the time of using the spa spillover, you reduce the rise in pH of your pool water. But you do need to push water through the spa for 30 minutes or so, at least once or maybe twice per day (testing will guide you).
Can I create a third mode where a little more water returns to spa for this?
Spillway. In the ET there is a Circuit called Spillway. It is best if you adjust the cam in the return actuator so when in Pool Mode, the Spa return valve is fully closed. So in Spillway, the Spa return valve will be fully open. You would adjust the pump RPM used during Spillway to have the spillover effect you wish.

So what you said about rising pH makes sense. I ran the aux pump for a while yesterday while I was working around yard and pH level jumped this morning even after adding acid yesterday morning...

Now where you lost me: adjusting a cam? How? A mechanical adjustment won't effect the operation of the other two modes?

Ah gotcha! Just calibrating the valves more or less. That was already done, although it might be a good idea for me to go over that again knowing my old startup guy...
The built in spillway circuit though knows where to set the valves then?

The built in spillway circuit though knows where to set the valves then?
Yes. It will move the Return valve to Spa and the Suction valve to Pool.

You can go out to the ET box right now and test it. The Valves button can be pressed to enter Fill (Spillway).

20210411_081450.jpg

Hot Dog! Figured it out in SLConfig! Thank you so much! Got that on a separate 30 minute schedule now!
I actually had to set up the circuit and assign a pump to it. I stumbled my way through it. Was my first time using SLConfig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.