Trying to figure it out :) Fiberglass Install in 65'x23' yard

Hiya Terry81- :wave: Welcome to TFP

I'm not sure what you mean by what's it going to take? Well, money of course. And a pool builder who does fiberglass. And of course reading here at TFP so that you are knowledgeable about what you want in your pool equipment wise...and what you don't want. And a plan on how you want to take care of this new toy. We can help you with all of this.

The link in my signature line is to the pictoral of my fiberglass install. It was fairly painless.

Maddie :flower:

15 ' wide in a 23' wide yard. so you have 8' left to do pool deck between house and property line? I would have 5' of deck between house and pool, use the last 3' for pool to property line. Or consider a more narrow pool. Then you can do some landscaping. Sounds like your yard is just begging for a narrow but long pool.

Thanks @Teald024 @YippeeSkippy @uxbridgechris - and Yippee - thanks for your note on your installation photos, looks amazing! Yes, our yard is not very deep and looking for a narrow pool, and we have to deal with the slope right behind the property line down to the next row of houses. Our previous house was 1/2 acre and we didn't worry where we put the 15' Intex!

This project was leveling and moving dirt with loads of help from a neighbor buddy and my daughter. Now it's in, and I've got the pump on a Google Home Routine, it's pretty easy.

I scoured Offer-up, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace and found a great deal on the pool, a Whisperflow 3/4 hp 2" Pump and a Sta Rite 70TX Filter - 1.5", (fancy stainless). Fun Stuff!

I'm lucky that at the moment there's a lot of people upgrading their pool equipment and selling off their equipment in our area, LA/Ventura County.

Next up list:
- Fabricate Custom Mount for LED Color Changing Pool Light to Steps, 12v
- Pool Cleaner robot for floor silt
- Cut and Replace 1.25" to 1.5" through-wall Intake and Return, and connect existing 1.5" that's currently "over the rim"
- Add Play Sand fill around the perimeter to hide the tarp
- Add Small In-Wall Skimmer
- New Seal Kit for Whisper Flow to Stop Ultra Small Drip Leak

61479679931__C7F1FF44-AC60-4405-B323-04EE39BFBDD2.JPG
IMG_1427.JPGIMG_1419.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3554.JPG
    IMG_3554.JPG
    526.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 0