Trying to balance pool it’s not working

Skimmer throats typically have a weir door. It keeps the debris the skimmer collects in the basket area when the pump turns off.

Is your pool water level up to one half of the height of the skimmer throat? Low water level can cause suction issues.

Will it hurt the pool if I leave it this way until I can have someone look at it or do I need to shut it off

I don’t feel it was low enough to suck air it was above the skimmer enough that it flows into the skimmer but low enough that’s why I was adding water when it happened

Last edited:
Okay sorry for the lack of updates, the pump not priming set me back a little but it’s priming just fine now pool starting to clear up still have some algae but everyday it’s looking a lot better. I’ll post pics soon enough.

When this is all said and done how much bleach do I need on hand per week to keep things nice and smooth

When this is all said and done how much bleach do I need on hand per week to keep things nice and smooth
Most pools during swim season consume 2-4 ppm FC each day.. So have on hand enough to add 28 ppm FC for the week - or about 3 gallons of 10% LC a week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don’t think my pool has ever looked this clean before so thanks for helping me get it this way I really appreciate it.

I’ve been checking the FC before going to bed and again in the morning before the sun comes up and it’s been holding but I can see the algae when brushing and my CC has been fluctuating between 1 and 0.5

How much of a drop in FC proves I still have algae in the pool or should it remain exactly the same from evening to morning

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.