Trying to balance pool it’s not working

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Skimmer throats typically have a weir door. It keeps the debris the skimmer collects in the basket area when the pump turns off.

Is your pool water level up to one half of the height of the skimmer throat? Low water level can cause suction issues.

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
Will it hurt the pool if I leave it this way until I can have someone look at it or do I need to shut it off

I don’t feel it was low enough to suck air it was above the skimmer enough that it flows into the skimmer but low enough that’s why I was adding water when it happened

Last edited:

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
Okay sorry for the lack of updates, the pump not priming set me back a little but it’s priming just fine now pool starting to clear up still have some algae but everyday it’s looking a lot better. I’ll post pics soon enough.

When this is all said and done how much bleach do I need on hand per week to keep things nice and smooth

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
When this is all said and done how much bleach do I need on hand per week to keep things nice and smooth
Most pools during swim season consume 2-4 ppm FC each day.. So have on hand enough to add 28 ppm FC for the week - or about 3 gallons of 10% LC a week.

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
Dang my pool look sparkling this morning and just as a test I brushed it a little but turns out there is still some algae, my FC is at 8 and my CC is at .05

Should I bring it back up to shock level or less?

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
Sorry haven’t updated in the last couple of days but here’s what I have been doing, scrubbing pool after cleaning filter adding bleach as needed. Each day the algae is less today I could barely see it while brushing this is what the pool looks like now

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
I don’t think my pool has ever looked this clean before so thanks for helping me get it this way I really appreciate it.

I’ve been checking the FC before going to bed and again in the morning before the sun comes up and it’s been holding but I can see the algae when brushing and my CC has been fluctuating between 1 and 0.5

How much of a drop in FC proves I still have algae in the pool or should it remain exactly the same from evening to morning

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

FloridaPoolGal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Altamonte Springs, FL
This thread brings back memories of when I converted 3+ years ago. Initially, complete panic but patient help from the folks here. Then, "Okay, I've got this!" And then total lack of pool drama because the system works!

Other Threads of Interest