Trying to balance pool it’s not working

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
My current cya is 40

I thought I was doing slam

How often should I check the FC
A SLAM = Shock.Level.AND.Maintain (shock level for your CYA)
CYA (Stabilizer)Minimum FCTarget FC Shock FC
4035-716

The more often you can check and raise FC (practically), the faster it will go :) (minimum suggested is 2x a day, hourly is preferred, you can go longer between testings once FC is not dropping more than 2pts per test)

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
Cleaned filter, PH was around 7.6 to 7.8 put in 3 cups of MA and FC was at 7 with a CC at 0

There was some algae in the pool this morning I brushed the pool and it’s starting to look a little clearer after brushing it, algae normally was mostly concentrated towards the deeper end but this morning that area was a little clearer. Most of the algae seemed to be concentrated in the center to the shallow end.

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
FC dropped to 6 and PH didn’t change much today I adjusted as needed and brushed a few times pool still looks the same and I found algae about 20 minutes agao even though PH is at 7.2 and FC is at 6

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
my reply :) (with clarifications)
A SLAM = Shock.Level.AND.Maintain (shock level for your CYA)
CYA (Stabilizer)Minimum FCMAINTENANCE FC**This is Your TARGET** Shock FC
4035-716

• The more often you can check and raise FC (practically), the faster it will go :)
    • Minimum is 2x a day (early morning & evening)
    • Hourly is preferred
    • You can extend the time between testings once FC is not dropping more than 2pts at retesting
You can print/save the full SLAM instructions for easy offline reference :D

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
Yeah I see where I messed up I didn’t understand the 16 thing I see you was trying to keep me at 7 till my cya came up then I slam I thought I was slamming this whole time sorry for the confusion
Sorry for the confusion! Yes protecting the liner & making sure FC held before going into "attack" mode!

T-rod13331

May 1, 2019
North Port, FL
I lost the prime on my skimmer and I have no clue where the leak is coming from I switched the setting to the main drain anyone know if this is a problem or not because I don’t know all I did was disconnect the vacuum from the skimmer and now the skimmer keeps filling with water it drains down and fills back up over and over.

Other Threads of Interest