Trying to balance pool it’s not working

PH is now between 7.2 and 74 not sure what to do next
Keep checking your FC and upping it when it drops below 7, since that number seems to be making improvement for you.
If your PH stays steady over the next 12-24hrs, consider a SLAM Process @ your CYA level FC/CYA Levels
CYA (Stabilizer)Minimum FCTarget FC Shock FC
3024-612

My current cya is 40

I thought I was doing slam

How often should I check the FC
A SLAM Process = Shock.Level.AND.Maintain (shock level for your CYA)
CYA (Stabilizer)Minimum FCTarget FC Shock FC
4035-716

The more often you can check and raise FC (practically), the faster it will go :) (minimum suggested is 2x a day, hourly is preferred, you can go longer between testings once FC is not dropping more than 2pts per test)

Cleaned filter, PH was around 7.6 to 7.8 put in 3 cups of MA and FC was at 7 with a CC at 0

There was some algae in the pool this morning I brushed the pool and it’s starting to look a little clearer after brushing it, algae normally was mostly concentrated towards the deeper end but this morning that area was a little clearer. Most of the algae seemed to be concentrated in the center to the shallow end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
my reply :) (with clarifications)
A SLAM Process = Shock.Level.AND.Maintain (shock level for your CYA)
CYA (Stabilizer)Minimum FCMAINTENANCE FC**This is Your TARGET** Shock FC
4035-716

• The more often you can check and raise FC (practically), the faster it will go :)
    • Minimum is 2x a day (early morning & evening)
    • Hourly is preferred
    • You can extend the time between testings once FC is not dropping more than 2pts at retesting
You can print/save the full SLAM Process instructions for easy offline reference :D

Yeah I see where I messed up I didn’t understand the 16 thing I see you was trying to keep me at 7 till my cya came up then I slam I thought I was slamming this whole time sorry for the confusion
Sorry for the confusion! Yes protecting the liner & making sure FC held before going into "attack" mode!

I lost the prime on my skimmer and I have no clue where the leak is coming from I switched the setting to the main drain anyone know if this is a problem or not because I don’t know all I did was disconnect the vacuum from the skimmer and now the skimmer keeps filling with water it drains down and fills back up over and over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.